Usher's 11-year-old stepson Kyle Glover 'dies after being taken off life support
Kyle Glover passed away this morning according to TMZ, from the injuries he obtained in a tragic jet ski accident in Georgia earlier this month.
The young boy was reportedly taken off life support by doctors, who determined that he would not recover from his injuries.
The website reports that Glover's mother and Usher's ex-wife Tameka Foster is said to have grappled with the difficult decision to disconnect the life support, and is said to be understandably 'devastated.'
Kyle was struck in the head during a jet ski collision while riding an inner tube on Lake Lanier in Atlanta, Georgia, earlier this month.
According to authorities, a family friend who was riding a jetski behind the pontoon lost control and collided with Glover's tube.
Kyle was with an unidentified 15-year-old girl at the time and both children were airlifted to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston.
Heartbroken: Tameka tweeted this picture of Kyle with his younger brother on Friday
He was later declared brain dead.
A friend of the family, 38-year-old Jeffrey S. Hubbard, was allegedly operating the jet ski at the time of the collision.
Sergeant Mike Burgamy of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources said: 'A pontoon was pulling the two adolescents on an inner tube, and the personal water craft went over the top of them.'
Devastated: Usher and his ex-wife Tameka pictured her in 2007, are understood have put their differences in the wake of the devastating accident
He added about the driver: 'He was interviewed, and it's possible he may be reinterviewed.'
Last week Kyle's family asked for prayers as they keep a bedside vigil following the tragic accident.
Kyle's family said in a statement to CNN: 'We know God's in control, and are leaning on our faith in Him and His word at this most difficult time.
'We firmly believe in the power of prayer and ask that you all continue to pray and lift Kile up, as it's the best way we can all support him now.'
Usher (real name: Usher Terry Raymond IV), 33, and Foster, who divorced in 2009 after two years of marriage, were in the throes of a bitter custody battle over their sons Usher Raymond V, four, and Naviyd, three.
But they are understood have put their differences in the wake of the devastating accident.
Hospital: Usher's son passed away at the Egelston Children's Hospital in Atlanta this morning
Last week it was also reported that Tameka may be forced to take her son off life support - because her health insurance coverage was about to expire.
Tameka had still not lost hope that Kyle could make a recovery - despite being declared brain dead by doctors.
But while Tameka was praying for a miracle, she could only keep him on life support if her insurance company agreed to pay the enormous hospital bills, TMZ reported.
The website claimed the insurance firm had not set an exact deadline yet - but would only cover the costs for two months maximum.
The insider also added that Usher has been incredibly supportive - but has not offered to pay the medical bills and that Tameka did not see him as a 'viable financial option'
Meanwhile Investigators analysing the collision were waiting to see the outcome of his condition before they came to a conclusion surrounding the accident.
Sergeant Mike Burgamy explained that the accident was still under investigation, and that the lead investigators had yet to talk with the district attorney’s office.
He told ABC News last week: 'I don't know what's going to happen with the 11-year-old. We're going to have to see what his condition is going to be before we present findings of the case.'
- Pizza delivery man 'caught on hidden camera having sex with family dog'
- British girl caught having sex in Virgin aeroplane toilets as her PARENTS sat nearby
- Student posted 'revenge porn' nude pics of his ex-girlfriend because she 'gave evidence to cops about a burglary he was involved in'
- English teacher, 34, arrested for having sex with 17-year-old student seven times
- Sex maniac doctor who used medical images as porn, sent naked selfies to patient ... and sexted DURING C-sections
- Police launch all-out search for amorous couple filmed having sex on public fountain in Russia
- Sex-for-drinks scandal called "mamading" rocks Mallorca bars
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- Born into brothels: Behind the scenes of Kolkata's notorious red-light district where thousands of girls are forced into sex work
- Dougherty Gang sibling Lee Grace posed naked in XXX photo
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Georgia Governor Nathan Deal finally takes responsibility for winter weather chaos
- Girl, 15, tries to commit suicide after naked picture of her is posted online
- A model fan! Belgian teen lands L'Oreal contract after being photographed at World Cup game
- California high school asked to abandon 'offensive' Arab mascot
- David Nabhan can 'predict earthquakes' and says next one in US will be on July 12
- Neymar takes selfie with girlfriend Gabriella Lenzi after Brazil World Cup win
- Colorado's 9NEWS anchor Kyle Clark News rants at viewers' patio snow pictures
- 'He started following me - and so did his WIFE': TV presenter reveals how she was stalked for eight years by crazed couple
- Terrifying moment woman bungee jumps off a bridge without a harness
- Former college footballer shot dead by robber who demanded he hand over Dr Dre headphones
- High school teacher Carly McKinney, 23, 'tweeted nude photos of herself, called her students JAIL BAIT and talked about getting high'
- Man killed in upscale New Jersey mall parking lot sacrificed himself to protect his wife from armed carjackers, source says
- Lake Charles pastor shot to death during church service
- So this is how America now spends its Thanksgiving! Shopping madness starts even earlier as critics say retailers have gone too far
- Two Black Friday shoppers arrested in Virginia after man, 35, is 'sliced to the bone' in a dispute over a Walmart parking spot
- Subpoenas related to Ga. gov's ethics complaints
- UPDATE: Recorder's Court judge orders Michael Johnson held without bond in Steve Toms' death
- 'Gray Thursday' begins as bargain hunters pile into Kmart on Thanksgiving
- Newton High School basketball coach James Carter accused of sexting student
- Black Friday: One man is STABBED in row over parking space and 'shoplifter' is SHOT by police
- Indian minister: 'Women should not wear bikinis on the beach in Goa'
- SRS waste worries Gov. Haley
- It's Fight Friday! The busiest shopping day of the year has begun with chaotic scenes throughout the country and fights breaking out at numerous Walmart stores over discounted electrical goods
- From anti-gravity fist fights to dressing up as a woman: Chris Hadfield reveals the bizarre life of an astronaut living on the International Space Station
- Scarlett Johansson speaks out over Woody Allen abuse claims ...as she labels Dylan Farrow's open letter 'irresponsible'
- 13-year-old forced into prostitution, nude dancing at South Beach strip club
- Deputies: Guyton man had sex on video with underage boy and dog
- Chris Brown reveals new tattoo of a 'beaten woman'... but denies it's his ex Rihanna
- Oscar Pistorius shooting: Inside Blade Runner's bedroom - cricket bat, baseball bat, revolver and machine gun
- Relatives insist beloved lawyer would NOT have tried to stop carjackers who shot him dead
- Ravel Dixon: Single mother, 22, charged with killing millionaire who was tied up and brutally murdered in his mansion
- Video released of purse thieves at Dillards
- Greenpeace's Rainbow Warrior ship blocks removal of Costa Concordia from Giglio
- Catholic girls' school teacher admits lesbian affair with student, 17, after plying her with alcohol
- Serena Williams tops Victoria Azarenka to win U.S. Open title
- Married female judge Joy Oldfield and public defender caught in semi-naked lesbian tryst in back of SUV
- New details of overdose episode at Thomas' NY home
- Russian school bullies force girl, 13, to drink puddle water 'for being too pretty'
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|