Pippi Longstocking Star Tami Erin Arrested for Alleged Assault
More from Entertainment
- Kate Hudson wore a leotard and gave everyone the full package
- Avengers actors called Scarlett Johansson’s character a ‘slut’ and ‘whore’ and people aren’t happy
- Ben Affleck issues apology after trying to hide family slavery history
- Sandra Bullock’s surprising reaction to being named World’s Most Beautiful Woman
- This prank on Kim Kardashian and Kanye West really didn’t go so well
Another redheaded former child star is in some trouble with the law. Tami Erin, the actress who played the title role in 1988's The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking, was arrested for allegedly assaulting her roommate on Thursday, April 11, TMZ reports.
Now 38 years old, Erin was placed under citizen's arrest following a loud altercation with her male roommate in her Walnut Creek, Calif. home. According to TMZ, the roommate cried out for help during the fight, prompting the neighbor to intervene. Erin was eventually booked by local police and released, with the district attorney set to review the case. No visible injuries were noted on the alleged victim.
A child model and actress, Erin beat out over 8,000 hopefuls to win the role, at age 11, of pig-tailed, mischievous children's book character Pippi Longstocking in the late 80s remake, signing multiple endorsement deals related to the film.
The one-time UNICEF Ambassador's most recent credits include an appearance on Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! Chrimbus Special and a role in the 2010 film Disconnect.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Pippi Longstocking Star Tami Erin Arrested for Alleged Assault