'Duck Dynasty' Salary Issue Delaying Season 4
More from Television
- WATCH: The Simpsons pokes fun at Frozen in new Christmas couch gag
- Pat Sajak walks off set after 2 ridiculous Wheel of Fortune answers
- TV fans, we’ve got bad news for you
- Simpsons Futurama crossover episode hints at dead of fan favorite Ralph Wiggum
- Chris Rock shocks with SNL terrorism monologue: Did he go too far?
The bearded stars of Duck Dynasty are asking for a big pay increase to return to A&E's top-rated series, and the salary standoff is holding up a fourth-season renewal of the show, sources tell THR.
The Robertson family, including brothers Phil and Si and Phil's sons, have seen their outdoorsman empire Duck Commander earn a small fortune thanks in part to notoriety from the hit reality series. Now they have banded together and -- represented by WME -- are angling to renegotiate their existing contracts. Sources close to the negotiation say the family is asking for more than $200,000 an episode from A&E and production company Gurney Productions to return for a fourth season, with additional raises for subsequent seasons.
via - A version of story first appeared in the April 5 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.