'Duck Dynasty' Salary Issue Delaying Season 4
More from Television
- Seinfeld episode rejected by network for being ‘racist’
- Confirmed: The X Files is officially returning with Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny as Mulder and Scully
- Nickelodeon's 'boobgate': Children's TV channel under fire for cartoon which showed bare breasted lady in the background
- David Hasselhoff has joined the cast of Sharknado 3
- The new Game Of Thrones Series 5 trailer is here...
The bearded stars of Duck Dynasty are asking for a big pay increase to return to A&E's top-rated series, and the salary standoff is holding up a fourth-season renewal of the show, sources tell THR.
The Robertson family, including brothers Phil and Si and Phil's sons, have seen their outdoorsman empire Duck Commander earn a small fortune thanks in part to notoriety from the hit reality series. Now they have banded together and -- represented by WME -- are angling to renegotiate their existing contracts. Sources close to the negotiation say the family is asking for more than $200,000 an episode from A&E and production company Gurney Productions to return for a fourth season, with additional raises for subsequent seasons.
via - A version of story first appeared in the April 5 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.