'Duck Dynasty' Salary Issue Delaying Season 4
More from Television
- The Simpsons predicted the Greek financial crisis years ago
- Maya Rudolph imitates Rachel Dolezal for Seth Meyers
- CNN host Don Lemon shocks viewers by holding up a huge N-word sign on live TV and asking: 'Does this offend you?'
- TV host throws axe, accidentally hits guest
- Gasp! Marge and Homer Simpson are splitting up
The bearded stars of Duck Dynasty are asking for a big pay increase to return to A&E's top-rated series, and the salary standoff is holding up a fourth-season renewal of the show, sources tell THR.
The Robertson family, including brothers Phil and Si and Phil's sons, have seen their outdoorsman empire Duck Commander earn a small fortune thanks in part to notoriety from the hit reality series. Now they have banded together and -- represented by WME -- are angling to renegotiate their existing contracts. Sources close to the negotiation say the family is asking for more than $200,000 an episode from A&E and production company Gurney Productions to return for a fourth season, with additional raises for subsequent seasons.
via - A version of story first appeared in the April 5 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.