Kitchen Nightmare: Gordon Ramsay meets his match in Amy Bouzaglo
GORDON Ramsay has finally met his match.
Bouzaglo and her husband Samy's restaurant was the subject of the finale of Ramsay's cable TV show, Kitchen Nightmares, which screened in the US last weekend.
What happened was beyond nuts and sent social media into meltdown as the couple swore at their staff, their customers and Ramsay threw up his hands in despair and refused to help them fix their problems.
Ramsay had turned up at the restaurant, which has a notorious reputation, only to encounter two owners prone to behaviour and tantrums that put the fiery Scotsman's in the shade.
As Amy herself says: "The customer isn't always right."
The day before the celebrity chef arrived at the restaurant for filming, in December last year, there were massive issues.
Amy was the only cooking one ticket at a time. Diners were waiting more than hour for their meals. One eventually complained and then tried to leave without paying for drinks. Amy threatened to call the police and Samy tried to physically block them from exiting.
On the day of filming, it got even more fiery, according to one diner who spoke to the Phoenix New Times.
"You could hear Amy yelling in the kitchen and Samy was running all over the dining room. Other tables were complaining and people were leaving because they were waiting so long for their food. My partner and I had reservations for 6:45. By 9:30, we still hadn't received our pizza," the New Times quoted the unnamed diner as saying.
The customer eventually approached Samy about his food's no-show, only to be told to "go f--- yourself."
And, according to the diner, it wasn't long before Amy came out to see what was happening and screamed expletives and demanded they leave. The police were then called.
Unsurprisingly, when the show aired at the weekend, the response was instantaneous.
Amy and Samy made the mistake of responding to online criticism. Reddit had a field day as online haters and the restaurant owners traded barbs.
In a surreal turn, the couple apparently took to their Facebook page to rant and rave at their critics.
But their defence quickly descended into numerous expletive-filled statuses, which only fed the fire when the posts spread online.
Each of the restaurant’s posts had received thousands of comments. Some claimed that the restaurant used photos of products not created by the bakery.
One post said (in capital letters): "I AM NOT STUPID ALL OF YOU ARE. YOU JUST DO NOT KNOW GOOD FOOD. IT IS NOT UNCOMMON TO RESELL THINGS WALMART DOES NOT MAKE THEIR ELECTRONICS OR TOYS SO LAY OFF!!!!"
By Tuesday, the comments had been deleted and the Bouzaglos were claiming their Facebook page had been hacked, reports America's ABC.
The FBI has apparently been called in.
- British girl caught having sex in Virgin aeroplane toilets as her PARENTS sat nearby
- Student posted 'revenge porn' nude pics of his ex-girlfriend because she 'gave evidence to cops about a burglary he was involved in'
- Australian Jodie Rose who married Le Pont du Diable BRIDGE celebrates 1st anniversary
- Pizza delivery man 'caught on hidden camera having sex with family dog'
- English teacher, 34, arrested for having sex with 17-year-old student seven times
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Born into brothels: Behind the scenes of Kolkata's notorious red-light district where thousands of girls are forced into sex work
- Girl, 15, tries to commit suicide after naked picture of her is posted online
- Sex maniac doctor who used medical images as porn, sent naked selfies to patient ... and sexted DURING C-sections
- Gloom with a view: Abandoned German hotel that once allowed only the finest people to enter but is now home to bugs and cockroaches
- Police launch all-out search for amorous couple filmed having sex on public fountain in Russia
- Dougherty Gang sibling Lee Grace posed naked in XXX photo
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- The great celebrity shoe's who: Yes, those vertiginous YSL heels are Kate Winslet's. But, as stars donate their favourite pairs to charity, can you match the other celebrities to their footwear?
- David Nabhan can 'predict earthquakes' and says next one in US will be on July 12
- Phenix City Board of Education motions to dismiss lawsuit filed against them
- Meet the big game huntresses who have killed more than 70 species
- 'I lost nearly 2 stone in 24 HOURS': Sport scientist proves rapid weight loss IS possible (if you're prepared to exercise wearing bin bags, eat no carbs and drink nothing)
- Nine suspected Al Qaeda members on trial in Yemen accused of plotting to kill the country's president and kidnap foreigners
- Deputies: Guyton man had sex on video with underage boy and dog
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- Simon Cowell: The secret to success is being rubbish at school
- Pictured for the first time: Communist sect 'leader' accused of keeping three women as slaves for more than 30 years
- Catholic girls' school teacher admits lesbian affair with student, 17, after plying her with alcohol
- Attacks in Iraq around religious ritual kill 22
- Man plotting a murder butt dials his intended victim while talking to the hit man about how he should make it 'look like an accident'
- Widow of Dallas cop gunned down by JFK killer Lee Harvey Oswald forgives him
- Richmond County's handicap parking enforcement lags behind Columbia County
- Oprah Winfrey's father ordered to pay $70K to ex-wife after 'adultery with prostitute'
- Atlanta man's body found In California missing organs
- Victims' families call Bulger 'Satan,' 'terrorist'
- 'This whole thing -- it's a mess!' Obama's health care 'fix' angers insurance companies
- Rap Genius' Mahbod Moghadam had brain tumor that made him mean
- Samsung to launch a wraparound screen next year: Rumours abound that new Galaxy model could have a THREE-sided screen
- Bruce Lee didn't drink, but CGI Bruce Lee is in this liquor ad
- Local businessmen gather for Hall of Fame induction
- Sex-for-drinks scandal called "mamading" rocks Mallorca bars
- Paul McCartney writes to Putin asking to free Greenpeace protesters
- TVA closing 8 coal units at plants in Ala. and Ky.
- UGA-Auburn game on CBS Saturday
- Sierra Club, Georgia Watch host public meeting on Georgia Power rate hike
- Angelina really is a foxy lady! Scientists discover that silver foxes share the same facial characteristics as beautiful women
- LANCE ARMSTRONG WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Drugs cheat meets his accuser Emma O'Reilly
- Supreme Court green-lights Obamacare birth-control showdown
- Rayonier marks Jesup plant's $385M expansion
- Nearly one-third of Cherry Tree Crossing families have moved out of complex
- Sorry Charlie's facade inspection to take place Friday
- Christmas comes early in Columbus with The Landings parade.
- Squirrel invasion sweeping Georgia
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|