Elizabeth Ludwig identified as Woman who fell to her death at Stone Mountain Park
More from News
- Police find bodies of missing car-buying couple Bud Runion and his wife, June Runion
- Ronnie "Jay" Towns identified as suspect in the disappearance of Cobb County couple
- Police search for missing Marietta couple Bud and June Runion who left to buy car posted on Craigslist
- Morrow police chief Melvin Douglas, Jr. terminated after less than 5 months on the job
- Atlanta woman Ogunsuyi Olubumi arrested in shooting of big rig driver
Police on Monday released the identity of the 33-year-old woman who apparently fell from a hotel room balcony at Stone Mountain Park.
Elizabeth Ludwig of Milton died Sunday at Gwinnett Medical Center, where she was taken after the fall.
Stone Mountain Park police Chief Chuck Kelley told the AJC that a man called 911 at 2:44 a.m. to report that his fiance had just fallen from the fifth-floor balcony at the Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort.
Fatal fall: Ms Ludwig died after falling five storeys from this hotel balcony
Police responded and found Ludwig lying on the ground, in pine straw below the balcony, Kelley said. She was transported to the hospital, where she died.
Kelley said the victim and her fiance were staying at the hotel for a wedding.
Kelley said the GBI has been called in to assist in the investigation into how the woman ended up falling from the balcony.
Kelley said he had "personally checked the balcony and the railing is very sturdy. It wasn’t from anything faulty."
Ludwig's body was taken to the state crime lab for an autopsy.