Elizabeth Ludwig identified as Woman who fell to her death at Stone Mountain Park
More from News
- Civil rights leaders clash with Confederate flag supporters at Georgia 'Heritage or Hate' rally in the shadow of huge sculpture glorifying Civil War leaders
- Teen Greg Horan dies in ropes course accident at adventure park
- Atlanta Hawks player Mike Scott arrested on drug charges
- Norcross murder-suicide victims identified as 49-year-old Glenda Nguyen and and 45-year-old Hoang Nguyen
- Marietta Police dress up as construction workers to catch distracted drivers
Police on Monday released the identity of the 33-year-old woman who apparently fell from a hotel room balcony at Stone Mountain Park.
Elizabeth Ludwig of Milton died Sunday at Gwinnett Medical Center, where she was taken after the fall.
Stone Mountain Park police Chief Chuck Kelley told the AJC that a man called 911 at 2:44 a.m. to report that his fiance had just fallen from the fifth-floor balcony at the Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort.
Fatal fall: Ms Ludwig died after falling five storeys from this hotel balcony
Police responded and found Ludwig lying on the ground, in pine straw below the balcony, Kelley said. She was transported to the hospital, where she died.
Kelley said the victim and her fiance were staying at the hotel for a wedding.
Kelley said the GBI has been called in to assist in the investigation into how the woman ended up falling from the balcony.
Kelley said he had "personally checked the balcony and the railing is very sturdy. It wasn’t from anything faulty."
Ludwig's body was taken to the state crime lab for an autopsy.