Verizon iPhone Announcement Coming January 11?
More from Smartphones
- How does the Galaxy S6 compare against the iPhone 6 and LG’s G3?
- Stop everything! This is why you can’t ‘Decline’ some calls on iPhone
- Samsung Galaxy S6 shown off thanks to T-Mobile boss
- BlackBerry Passport review: is giving it your best enough?
- iPhone 6 Plus users report the giant phone bends in your pocket
On Friday, John Paczkowski of All Things D leaked an invitation to attend a Verizon Wireless announcement event on Tuesday, January 11 at the Lincoln Center in New York.
Paczkowski writes that "sources close to the company" say that this January 11 event will be the day that a Verizon iPhone is announced.
Currently, the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the world's largest annual tech show, is taking place in Las Vegas. Apple is not in attendance. Verizon, on the other hand, has unveiled several new products this week at CES but has made narry a peep about a possible partnership with Apple.
However, Paczkowski notes that if a Verizon iPhone is announced on January 11, it will most likely not be an announcement for a next-generation iPhone. "If it were more (e.g., a hardware announcement)," writes Paczkowski, "you can bet the event would be in Cupertino or San Francisco." What is more likely is that Verizon will begin carrying last's year's iPhone 4 model.
Whatever the announcement, you can bet we'll be tuning in on January 11 at 11 a.m. Eastern, when Verizon president and COO Lowell McAdam takes the stage.