Thylane Loubry Blondeau photos: Outrage over shocking images of 10-year-old model's sultry Vogue spread
She reclines among leopard print pillows, her rouged lips pouting at the camera. But shockingly the model in these highly sexualised pictures is only 10 years old.
The provocative images of Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau, who is tipped as the next big thing on the fashion scene, are causing a storm of controversy with campaigners furious that a child so young should be displaying the sexual allure of someone twice her age.
Thylane has appeared in numerous campaigns and her image is all over the internet. To date she has an impressive portfolio - the French girl has graced the cover of Vogue Enfants and posed for high-end editorials.
But these latest images, complete with heavy make-up and stiletto heels, which appear in French magazine Cadeaux, have brought the issue to a head.
They come in the wake of a recent Government initiative in the UK to enforce restrictions on the sexualisation of children in the media and sexual content in advertising.
Reg Bailey, Chief Executive of the Mothers' Union, was commissioned to conduct the independent review on the pressures faced by children today.
Suggestive: Images such as these have paved the way for a recent Government initiative in the UK to enforce restrictions on the sexualisation of children in the media and sexual content in advertising
Premature sexualisation: Experts have warned about the psychological implications of such young children being involved in the modelling industry
A spokesperson for the Mothers' Union told MailOnline: 'We have grave concerns about the modelling agency who represent Blondeau, which clearly does not know if it represents a child or an adult.
'Photo shoots requiring her, a 10-year-old-girl, to dress in full make-up, teetering heels and a dress with a cleavage cut to the waist across her pre-pubescent body deny Blondeau the right to be the child she is.
'These images would, we hope, post Bailey Review, not pass through the standards of magazines, on street advertising and other media within the UK.'
In the review a survey revealed that 88 per cent of parents agreed that children are under pressure grow up too quickly, with 58 per cent accounting this to celebrity culture.
Lost society: In the Bailey review a survey revealed that 88 per cent of parents agreed that children are under pressure grow up too quickly, with 58 per cent accounting this to celebrity culture
One blogger said of the images: ‘She is a beautiful little girl, as are all ten year old girls. While I am sure she will make a terrific model someday, I find these pictures beyond disturbing - she is styled way too maturely.’
'Prematurely exposing a child to the adult world is dangerously preventing development into a person who can survive in it'
And experts warned today about the psychological damage done to children who are treated in this way.
Dr Emma Gray is a consultant clinical psychologist and cllinical director of The British CBT & Counselling Service, which deals in behavioural therapy.
She said: ‘This picture is the antithesis of what childhood in our society should be; a child being exposed to a world she is not yet equipped to deal with solely to serve the needs of the adults around her.
‘If children are to develop into happy, grounded and psychologically balanced people their childhood needs to be spent appropriately preparing for the demands of the adult world.
Connected: Thylane is the daughter of former French international football player Patrick Blondeau (left), and Véronika Loubry (right), an actress and television presenter
‘Before they are exposed to this world it is the task of the adults around them to create an environment that gives them the time, space and nurture to complete their physical and psychological development. Prematurely exposing a child to the adult world is dangerously preventing the completion of their development into a person who can survive in it.’
Thylane’s entry into the fashion world follows a recent trend for younger models. At 13, actress Elle Fanning is the current star of the Marc by Marc Jacobs autumn/winter campaign and 14-year-old Hailee Steinfeld signed a deal with Miu Miu soon after receiving her Oscar nomination for True Grit this year.
Like many child stars Thylane has strong connections with the entertainment industry. She is the daughter of Véronika Loubry, an actress and television presenter and the former French international football player Patrick Blondeau.
Teen idols: Thylane is not the only youngster being courted by the fashion industry. Elle Fanning, 13 (left) is the face of Marc by Marc Jacobs, while True Grit star Hailee Steinfeld (right) is the latest face of Miu Miu
Despite all those concerned about Thylane's age and image, younger admirers seem to be less averse to the provocative images.
On her Facebook page, which totals over 700 fans, people have posted comments celebrating her looks. One writes: 'Hey I just wanted to say that Thylane is absolutely stunning! xx' while another writes 'the awkward moment when a ten year old is prettier than you'.
Mr Bailey added: 'Society also seems to have become more openly sexualised; the rapidly changing technological environment has its benefits in so many ways but has also made the seamier side of humanity inescapable.'
David Cameron has endorsed the findings of the Bailey report and plans to grill companies and regulators at a Downing Street summit in October on the progress they have made.
WHO runs the world? Beyoncé. But she wants other women to join in on the fun, too. Queen Bey flew her feminist flag high today ... Full story
- Crash victims survive after car is crushed flat by lorry's shipping container load
- Kazakh volleyball player Sabina Altynbekova so attractive nobody watches the sport anymore
- Beyonce and Jay Z wear matching ski masks in new poster announcing their summer tour On The Run Star
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- Dougherty Gang sibling Lee Grace posed naked in XXX photo
- Shocking new accounts of the carnage at the MH17 crash site have emerged today
- English teacher, 34, arrested for having sex with 17-year-old student seven times
- The victims of Flight MH17: First pictures of passengers who perished as Putin blames Ukraine for death of 298 innocent souls - but DOESN'T deny Russian separatists shot it down with missile
- Flight MH17's first pictures of passengers emerge
- Shocking image of toddler sipping a Bud Light at Cleveland Browns tailgate goes viral
- Dontrell Darling: Fla. boy, 9, shot in face in drive-by while sleeping in his home
- Jennifer Lopez suffers embarrassing wardrobe malfunction live on German TV
- Not-so-model citizen: Maxim 'Hometown Hottie' finalist arrested in heroin bust
- Waitress receives rude note - internet response is epic
- 10 ways to improve your body
- Antonio Brown accused of dangling child from overpass while drunk and dressed as a clown
- White Republican Dave Wilson wins election in inner city Houston after PRETENDING to be African-American in campaign flyers
- Mystery of creepy dolls left outside California homes that resemble the little girls who live there
- Drunken mockery of U.S. tourists in the wake of 9/11 returns to haunt soccer star Lampard as he prepares to sign for NYC team
- Homeowner makes astonishing TV boast about shooting 'pregnant' home invader dead as she pleaded for mercy - as police say her ACCOMPLICE could be charged with her murder
- Man goes to hospital for circumcision, wakes up with no penis
- Catholic girls' school teacher admits lesbian affair with student, 17, after plying her with alcohol
- 'Hamas militants' rounded up by Israeli soldiers during Gaza offensive
- Is he a fraud? U.S. marines confront 'fake sergeant major' after military funeral in Florida
- High school teacher Carly McKinney, 23, 'tweeted nude photos of herself, called her students JAIL BAIT and talked about getting high'
- Math teacher Ashley Anderson, 24, 'who sent students nude pics of herself' admits to having sex with them
- Peaches Geldof was 'taking methadone and using heroin before death'
- Couple killed in Virginia campsite tornado as their son fights for his life
- Miss Teen Colorado runner up Kristy Althaus turns porn star
- Daniel Stillwell: Man who killed ex-girlfriend, another man in double homicide found dead after driving car over cliff
- Is Hamas using human shields in Gaza? UN finds TWO stashes of rockets hidden in empty school next to makeshift housing for 3,000 displaced Palestinians
- Indian rape suspects lie beaten after 7-year-old girl found hanging from tree
- Fancy a bite? Woman hauls in massive 143.7kg tuna south of Sydney that is big enough to feed an entire suburb
- Buddhist monk sex tape made by woman and holy man in their Massachusetts' temple leaks online and prompts her to sue
- Marine who was 'having an affair with missing pregnant army wife and had planned a hunting trip with her the day she disappeared' arrested ... but police released him
- Would YOU eat dog meat?
- Daughter holds 'wedding' ceremony so her terminally ill father can walk her down the aisle
- Is this Russian seperatist rebel stealing MH17 victim's ring?
- Golfing buddies make parody of Queen's iconic hit Bohemian Rhapsody
- Chinese billionaire Liu Yiqian drinks world's most expensive cup of tea
- Three shot, killed at Crystal Point Apartments parking lot in DeKalb Co
- US weighs refugee status for Central American kids
- Walking on bloated grass: Alabama woman 'surfs' on lawn after major rainfall makes her backyard FLOAT
- Arkansas man who 'stabbed his pregnant girlfriend to death while her daughter, 2, slept' says he can't remember killing her
- Teacher 'had sex with student in house near middle school for over a year'
- Bruce Lee didn't drink, but CGI Bruce Lee is in this liquor ad
- Tragedy as 13-month-old toddler is shot dead in his stroller by teenage robber in front of mother
- Georgia father Justin Ross Harris researched child death in hot car on Internet
Lifestyle NewsGet the latest Life & Style news from Georgia Newsday!. Find breaking lifestyle news, parenting news, pregnancy, food, fashion, relationships and more.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|