Top 10 Best Burger Joints in the U.S.
The burger, America's quintessential comfort food, can now be enjoyed in an impossibly endless number of ways. There are round-the-clock burgers at 24-hour-roadside joints and ephemeral late-night burgers sold out in mere minutes; burgers grilled in hundred-year-old cast-iron broilers and burgers steamed in state-of-the-art ovens; burgers crafted from Kobe beef imported from Japan and burgers made with Black Angus beef from just down the road. It's clearly a great time to love the burger. Here, we've singled out the 25 best burgers around the country.
California: In-N-Out Burger
Signature Burger: Cheeseburger.
Even superstar chef Thomas Keller is a fan of the West Coast chain—and with good reason. The cooked-to-order burgers are made from Harris Ranch beef and served with hand-cut fries. For a messier, more indulgent experience, order your burger "Animal Style" for extra sauce and chopped grilled onions. in-n-out.com
New York City: Minetta Tavern
Signature Burger: Black Label Burger (topped with caramelized onions).
Atlanta, GA: Holeman & Finch
Signature Burger: Burger.
Star chef Linton Hopkins announces "burger time"—10 p.m.—with the ringing of two bull horns; that's when two dozen grass-fed beef burgers are up for grabs and consistently sold out within minutes. The burgers are also available on the Sunday brunch menu. holeman-finch.com
Arlington, VA: Ray's Hell Burger
Signature Burger: Basic Beef Burger (served in a brioche bun).
There's no sign, yet dedicated fans—a certain president included—come here for the freshly ground burgers with and complimentary toppings like grilled onions and mushrooms sautéed in sherry and Cognac.
Photo © Robyn Lee.
Boston, MA: Craigie on Main
Signature Burger: Beefburger.
Photo courtesy of Craigie on Main.
San Francisco: Zuni Café
Signature Burger: House-ground hamburger (served in a grilled rosemary focaccia).
Photo © Bill Holmes.
New Haven, CT: Louis' Lunch
Signature Burger: The Original Burger (prepared with a combination of chuck and sirloin beef).
Many restaurants claim to be the birthplace of the hamburger. Louis' Lunch, in New Haven, Connecticut, since 1900, is a leading contender. The meaty hand-shaped patties are grilled on antique cast-iron broilers over an open flame. louislunch.com
Photo © Michael Franzman.
Memphis, TN: Dyer's Burgers
Signature Burger: Dyer's Cheeseburger.
Chicago, IL: Custom House Tavern
Signature Burger: Custom House Burger (short rib, sirloin and ground pork patty topped with aged cheddar cheese and shaved onion, served in a sourdough brioche bun).
Photo © Tuan Bui
Miami, FL: Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
Signature Burger: Black Angus Burger (served in a brioche bun).
Photo courtesy of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink.
- British girl caught having sex in Virgin aeroplane toilets as her PARENTS sat nearby
- Student posted 'revenge porn' nude pics of his ex-girlfriend because she 'gave evidence to cops about a burglary he was involved in'
- Australian Jodie Rose who married Le Pont du Diable BRIDGE celebrates 1st anniversary
- Pizza delivery man 'caught on hidden camera having sex with family dog'
- English teacher, 34, arrested for having sex with 17-year-old student seven times
- 11-year-old boy beaten by grandmother and mother who then POST VIDEO of abuse on Facebook
- Born into brothels: Behind the scenes of Kolkata's notorious red-light district where thousands of girls are forced into sex work
- Girl, 15, tries to commit suicide after naked picture of her is posted online
- Sex maniac doctor who used medical images as porn, sent naked selfies to patient ... and sexted DURING C-sections
- Gloom with a view: Abandoned German hotel that once allowed only the finest people to enter but is now home to bugs and cockroaches
- Police launch all-out search for amorous couple filmed having sex on public fountain in Russia
- Dougherty Gang sibling Lee Grace posed naked in XXX photo
- Loving Family: Man 'had sex with his sister-in-law so that she could get pregnant rather than getting IVF treatments'
- The great celebrity shoe's who: Yes, those vertiginous YSL heels are Kate Winslet's. But, as stars donate their favourite pairs to charity, can you match the other celebrities to their footwear?
- David Nabhan can 'predict earthquakes' and says next one in US will be on July 12
- Phenix City Board of Education motions to dismiss lawsuit filed against them
- Meet the big game huntresses who have killed more than 70 species
- 'I lost nearly 2 stone in 24 HOURS': Sport scientist proves rapid weight loss IS possible (if you're prepared to exercise wearing bin bags, eat no carbs and drink nothing)
- Nine suspected Al Qaeda members on trial in Yemen accused of plotting to kill the country's president and kidnap foreigners
- Deputies: Guyton man had sex on video with underage boy and dog
- Controversial pastor Arthur Allen dies in house fire
- Simon Cowell: The secret to success is being rubbish at school
- Pictured for the first time: Communist sect 'leader' accused of keeping three women as slaves for more than 30 years
- Catholic girls' school teacher admits lesbian affair with student, 17, after plying her with alcohol
- Attacks in Iraq around religious ritual kill 22
- Man plotting a murder butt dials his intended victim while talking to the hit man about how he should make it 'look like an accident'
- Widow of Dallas cop gunned down by JFK killer Lee Harvey Oswald forgives him
- Richmond County's handicap parking enforcement lags behind Columbia County
- Oprah Winfrey's father ordered to pay $70K to ex-wife after 'adultery with prostitute'
- Atlanta man's body found In California missing organs
- Victims' families call Bulger 'Satan,' 'terrorist'
- 'This whole thing -- it's a mess!' Obama's health care 'fix' angers insurance companies
- Rap Genius' Mahbod Moghadam had brain tumor that made him mean
- Samsung to launch a wraparound screen next year: Rumours abound that new Galaxy model could have a THREE-sided screen
- Bruce Lee didn't drink, but CGI Bruce Lee is in this liquor ad
- Local businessmen gather for Hall of Fame induction
- Sex-for-drinks scandal called "mamading" rocks Mallorca bars
- Paul McCartney writes to Putin asking to free Greenpeace protesters
- TVA closing 8 coal units at plants in Ala. and Ky.
- UGA-Auburn game on CBS Saturday
- Sierra Club, Georgia Watch host public meeting on Georgia Power rate hike
- Angelina really is a foxy lady! Scientists discover that silver foxes share the same facial characteristics as beautiful women
- LANCE ARMSTRONG WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Drugs cheat meets his accuser Emma O'Reilly
- Supreme Court green-lights Obamacare birth-control showdown
- Rayonier marks Jesup plant's $385M expansion
- Nearly one-third of Cherry Tree Crossing families have moved out of complex
- Sorry Charlie's facade inspection to take place Friday
- Christmas comes early in Columbus with The Landings parade.
- Squirrel invasion sweeping Georgia
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|