Canton man Trevor Nuckles accused of shooting girlfriend 5 times, killing her
More from News
- State shuts down The Meliora School for Early Learning Dacula daycare over sex abuse allegations
- Georgia man Christopher Whitmore shoots dead wife and eight-year-old son in gas station forecourt before turning gun on himself
- Cobb County school coach Craig Hines resigns amid hazing allegations
- Teen listening to music hit, killed by train, police say
- Family of toddler maimed by flash grenade in botched drug raid settles for $1million
A Cherokee County woman is dead after police said her boyfriend shot her
The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office said Dejanirra Elrod, 19, was shot near the doorway of her home in the River Ridge Apartments on Pea Ridge Road in Canton.
Investigators said no one witnessed the shooting, but were told Elrod's boyfriend, Trevor Nuckles, 21, of
Canton, had just at the home when she called 911.
Police say Dejanirra Elrod, 19, was killed after being shot in the back 5 times by her boyfriend on Sunday, July 15, 2012.
Police said Nuckles grabbed the phone from Elrod and threw it on the ground before fleeing the house.
Officers found Nuckles walking near the River Ridge Apartments. They took him into custody and questioned him about the shooting.
Police said they also found the gun used in the shooting a short distance from the crime scene.
Officers have charged Nuckles with murder, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of a firearm during the commission of a
felony, and obstruction of a 911 call.
Nuckles is currently in the Cherokee Adult Detention Center.