Canton man Trevor Nuckles accused of shooting girlfriend 5 times, killing her
More from News
- Dashcam video shows plane crashing into I-285 in Atlanta
- East Point man holds suspected carjacker Edgar Horn at gunpoint until police arrive
- Clark Atlanta student Alexis Jones-Rhodes disappears on her way to graduation
- Atlanta passengers escape bus seconds before it gets hit by train
- Mother claims teacher Quinton Wright was fired for letting teens have sex in storage closet
A Cherokee County woman is dead after police said her boyfriend shot her
The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office said Dejanirra Elrod, 19, was shot near the doorway of her home in the River Ridge Apartments on Pea Ridge Road in Canton.
Investigators said no one witnessed the shooting, but were told Elrod's boyfriend, Trevor Nuckles, 21, of
Canton, had just at the home when she called 911.
Police say Dejanirra Elrod, 19, was killed after being shot in the back 5 times by her boyfriend on Sunday, July 15, 2012.
Police said Nuckles grabbed the phone from Elrod and threw it on the ground before fleeing the house.
Officers found Nuckles walking near the River Ridge Apartments. They took him into custody and questioned him about the shooting.
Police said they also found the gun used in the shooting a short distance from the crime scene.
Officers have charged Nuckles with murder, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of a firearm during the commission of a
felony, and obstruction of a 911 call.
Nuckles is currently in the Cherokee Adult Detention Center.