Guard Larry Stell fatally stabbed at Telfair State Prison
More from News
- State shuts down The Meliora School for Early Learning Dacula daycare over sex abuse allegations
- Cobb County school coach Craig Hines resigns amid hazing allegations
- Teen listening to music hit, killed by train, police say
- Family of toddler maimed by flash grenade in botched drug raid settles for $1million
- Valdosta teacher Phoebe Jo Chapman, 42, charged with sexual assault 'after sleeping with three of her students'
Authorities say they are investigating the fatal stabbing of a correctional officer at Telfair State Prison by an inmate.
Georgia Bureau of Investigation Agent Todd Lowery said the attack Thursday killed 46-year-old Larry Stell. Lowery told The Macon Telegraph ( http://bit.ly/Wg4eBH) that the attack happened in a dormitory where 80 inmates were held.
Stell's body was taken to an Atlanta crime laboratory for an autopsy.
Further details on the killing were not immediately available.
Lowery said the inmate suspected in the killing has been transferred to another prison and will be held there until he's charged in the case.