Guard Larry Stell fatally stabbed at Telfair State Prison
More from News
- Clark Atlanta student Alexis Jones-Rhodes disappears on her way to graduation
- Atlanta passengers escape bus seconds before it gets hit by train
- Mother claims teacher Quinton Wright was fired for letting teens have sex in storage closet
- Atlanta Watershed employees Antonio Denson, Larry Tyler, Kenneth Carson and Aaron Aver charged with theft
- Police: Teacher Lashante Holloway shot, killed by ex-boyfriend at her home
Authorities say they are investigating the fatal stabbing of a correctional officer at Telfair State Prison by an inmate.
Georgia Bureau of Investigation Agent Todd Lowery said the attack Thursday killed 46-year-old Larry Stell. Lowery told The Macon Telegraph ( http://bit.ly/Wg4eBH) that the attack happened in a dormitory where 80 inmates were held.
Stell's body was taken to an Atlanta crime laboratory for an autopsy.
Further details on the killing were not immediately available.
Lowery said the inmate suspected in the killing has been transferred to another prison and will be held there until he's charged in the case.