Guard Larry Stell fatally stabbed at Telfair State Prison
More from News
- Whitney Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in Roswell home
- Shooting in DeKalb County leaves one dead, three wounded
- Macon woman Martha Ard trying to cross street is struck by car, killed
- Court reporters Tammy Stine, Kimberly Probst and Betty Petersen sentenced after manipulating transcripts to make more money
- Atlanta Hawks to help couple Allison and Brandon Murphy who found out their tickets were not valid
Authorities say they are investigating the fatal stabbing of a correctional officer at Telfair State Prison by an inmate.
Georgia Bureau of Investigation Agent Todd Lowery said the attack Thursday killed 46-year-old Larry Stell. Lowery told The Macon Telegraph ( http://bit.ly/Wg4eBH) that the attack happened in a dormitory where 80 inmates were held.
Stell's body was taken to an Atlanta crime laboratory for an autopsy.
Further details on the killing were not immediately available.
Lowery said the inmate suspected in the killing has been transferred to another prison and will be held there until he's charged in the case.