Tremors felt in Alpharetta, GA
A 4.3 earthquake struck eastern Kentucky on Saturday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey, and it was felt in metro Atlanta.
GA Daily News received several calls to the newsroom and on Twitter from residents in Kennesaw, John's Creek, Carrollton and several other cities.
The quake struck at 12:08 p.m. and there was no immediate reports of damage, authorities said.
One woman, who feld the shaking in northwest Atlanta, told the Atlanta Journal Constitution the shaking lasted from five to seven seconds.
“It wasn’t strong enough to shake or break anything, or move anything, but it was definitely an earthquake,” Jennipher Williams.
Leave a comment...
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
A gun that was discovered inside an air hostess' handbag at an airport was accidentally fired when it was taken into a search room. Republic Airlines ... Full story
- True love or just a Green Card? Season two of 90 Day Fiancé follows six Americans as they prepare to marry the foreign spouses they hardly know
- Does ISIS have a U.S. jihadist in its ranks? Masked man with American accent is star of ISIS latest propaganda film 'Flames of War'
- Casey Kasem's Beverly Hills mansion put up for sale by his widow for $42M
- Photo shows Boston Bomber widow Katherine Russell after her arrest for shoplifting from Old Navy in 2007
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31