Tremors felt in Alpharetta, GA
More from News
- Police: Athens woman Haley Hill dies after former boyfriend shot her during rampage
- Student Christopher Starks dies after shooting on Savannah State campus
- Jackson County man Marty Rogers charged after dog tests positive for meth
- Atlanta man Willie Kirkpatrick shot, killed in barber shop parking lot
- HIV positive man Jason Alexander Young charged with reckless conduct
A 4.3 earthquake struck eastern Kentucky on Saturday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey, and it was felt in metro Atlanta.
GA Daily News received several calls to the newsroom and on Twitter from residents in Kennesaw, John's Creek, Carrollton and several other cities.
The quake struck at 12:08 p.m. and there was no immediate reports of damage, authorities said.
One woman, who feld the shaking in northwest Atlanta, told the Atlanta Journal Constitution the shaking lasted from five to seven seconds.
“It wasn’t strong enough to shake or break anything, or move anything, but it was definitely an earthquake,” Jennipher Williams.
Leave a comment...