Ga. councilman Charles Sharrock ousted after harassment complaints
FORT OGLETHORPE, Ga. — A city council in northwest Georgia has ousted one of its members after three female city employees testified at a hearing that he sexually harassed them.
The Fort Oglethorpe City Council decided to remove Councilman Charles Sharrock on Tuesday afternoon, following a four-hour hearing.
The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports (http://bit.ly/QqknUv) that the council's decision was unanimous.
Sharrock's attorney Renzo Wiggins argued that because the three women didn't tell the councilman to his face to stop hugging, kissing or rubbing their backs, he wasn't responsible for changing his behavior. Wiggins questioned how the councilman would know his actions were unwelcome.
Sharrock said he is an outgoing, friendly person, and that "I may have done something I didn't remember I did."
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- True love or just a Green Card? Season two of 90 Day Fiancé follows six Americans as they prepare to marry the foreign spouses they hardly know
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31