Cherokee Co. teacher Blake Bearden accused of relationship with student
More from News
- North Forsyth middle school teacher Alisen Nicole Mooney quits after getting busted for drugs
- Mother: Remains found in Floyd County belong to missing daughter Ashley Jones
- GBI: Euharlee police chief Terry Harget, assistant chief Richard Smith arrested
- Special ed teacher Kayla Zittrouer, 22, 'sent lewd pictures to and sexually assaulted her 14-year-old student' after just two months in the job
- Police shoot, kill man in Maserati family IDs as 24-year-old Nicholas Thomas
A Cherokee County high school teacher is facing charges after being accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student. Detectives say 31-year-old Blake Bearden was arrested on four counts of sexual assault.
Detectives believe the sexual relationship between Bearden and the student took place off-campus over a three-month period.
Bearden is being without bond held in the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center. The school district has reassigned him to a non-school worksite.