Cherokee Co. teacher Blake Bearden accused of relationship with student
More from News
- Police: Athens woman Haley Hill dies after former boyfriend shot her during rampage
- Student Christopher Starks dies after shooting on Savannah State campus
- Jackson County man Marty Rogers charged after dog tests positive for meth
- Atlanta man Willie Kirkpatrick shot, killed in barber shop parking lot
- HIV positive man Jason Alexander Young charged with reckless conduct
A Cherokee County high school teacher is facing charges after being accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student. Detectives say 31-year-old Blake Bearden was arrested on four counts of sexual assault.
Detectives believe the sexual relationship between Bearden and the student took place off-campus over a three-month period.
Bearden is being without bond held in the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center. The school district has reassigned him to a non-school worksite.