Cherokee Co. teacher Blake Bearden accused of relationship with student
More from News
- Missing Georgia Tech student Kinsey Canova at Grady Hospital
- Police: Naked man Juan Carlos Ramirez arrested for church fire
- Police: Eddie Ball and Ivy Shumake identified as Suspects in DeKalb County officer shooting
- Decatur mom Rockell Coleman charged after 2 sons killed in house fire
- Serial killer Aeman Presley charged with murdering popular hairdresser and two homeless men as they slept
A Cherokee County high school teacher is facing charges after being accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old student. Detectives say 31-year-old Blake Bearden was arrested on four counts of sexual assault.
Detectives believe the sexual relationship between Bearden and the student took place off-campus over a three-month period.
Bearden is being without bond held in the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center. The school district has reassigned him to a non-school worksite.