Tucker Middle School Parents Timothy Taylor and Shequita Cade charged after teens' fight caught on video
Two parents are facing charges after a YouTube video showed them bringing their middle school student daughter to a fight at her bus stop.
Police charged Timothy Taylor and Shequita Cade with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
They also charged Taylor with battery after the video showed him bringing his daughter, a seventh-grade student at Tucker Middle School, to fight with another girl at their bus stop on Post Oak Drive.
Taylor can be heard on the video shouting, "nobody better try to jump in neither".
"It just broke my heart to know that parents would allow this to happen. And for my child to be there with nobody," Quateka Durden told Channel 2's Amy Napier Viteri.
Durden's daughter, Quinnaya Durden, 14, was the other girl involved in the fight.
According to Quinnaya, the other teen's parents picked her up from school with the sole purpose of bring her to fight at the bus stop.
"They followed the bus. We seen them from behind the bus," she added.
At one point in the video Taylor can be heard encouraging his daughter to hit Durden as the two struggled on the ground.
"The father is there saying nobody touch my child. But my child is on the ground pleading for someone to get her off of her," Durden said.
A neighbor eventually broke up the fight.
No one answered a knocked at Taylor's door Friday. He and Cade told investigators they picked up their daughter because she was being bullied and they worried another student was going to jump her.
Durden said parents need to learn this is not the way to resolve disputes.
"My child could have died. She could have hit the concrete the wrong way. Their child could have died. And then who's charged with the murder?" Durden said.
Durden said a hearing is also scheduled at the middle school Monday to determine what happens to the two students involved.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- Photo shows Boston Bomber widow Katherine Russell after her arrest for shoplifting from Old Navy in 2007
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31