Derrick Williams: Smyrna authorities say man suspected of killing wife arrested
More from News
- Drunk driver Ryan Patrick Quinton sentenced to 15 years for crash that killed his new bride just hours after their wedding reception
- John's Creek mom Adrienne Burch used extension cord to punish child
- Ambush leaves Fulton Co. police officer Terence Avery Green dead
- Former APS Superintendent Beverly Hall dies
- Lawrenceville Man Richard Drummond dead, wife injured in Gwinnett double shooting
Authorities in Smyrna say the man who was wanted in connection with the death of his wife on December 5 has been arrested.
They say 35-year-old Derrick Williams was arrested near Reno, Nevada. They gave no details about his arrest.
Williams was wanted for killing his 33-year-old wife, Finesse Dawson, and then trying to cover it up. According to autopsy results from the Cobb County Medical Examiner, Dawson's wife was strangled to death.
Dozens of family members and friends said their goodbyes to 33-year-old Finesse Dawson during a vigil at the home she shared with her husband on Tuesday night.
Williams is facing several charges including malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, concealing the death of other and the possession of marijuana less than 1 oz.