Derrick Williams: Smyrna authorities say man suspected of killing wife arrested
More from News
- Sheriff: Air Jordan thieves Davon Luckett and Reed Williams busted, one wearing the stolen shoes
- Active duty sergeant Atting Eminue killed while trying to help homeless
- Officer, homeowner shot when police respond to wrong house
- Flesh-eating bacteria victim Aimee Copeland has custom van stolen
- Braves players, broadcasters and execs react to fatal Turner Field fall
Authorities in Smyrna say the man who was wanted in connection with the death of his wife on December 5 has been arrested.
They say 35-year-old Derrick Williams was arrested near Reno, Nevada. They gave no details about his arrest.
Williams was wanted for killing his 33-year-old wife, Finesse Dawson, and then trying to cover it up. According to autopsy results from the Cobb County Medical Examiner, Dawson's wife was strangled to death.
Dozens of family members and friends said their goodbyes to 33-year-old Finesse Dawson during a vigil at the home she shared with her husband on Tuesday night.
Williams is facing several charges including malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, concealing the death of other and the possession of marijuana less than 1 oz.