Derrick Williams: Smyrna authorities say man suspected of killing wife arrested
More from News
- Deadly hit-and-run suspect Jacob O’Reilly denied bond
- Baby Found: Police arrest Alfred Hunter, Jr. in case of missing 16-month-old
- Mysterious illness claims life of local mother Stefanie Ballard
- Cobb County sailor Brandon Haith shot to death in Virginia Beach
- Civil rights leaders clash with Confederate flag supporters at Georgia 'Heritage or Hate' rally in the shadow of huge sculpture glorifying Civil War leaders
Authorities in Smyrna say the man who was wanted in connection with the death of his wife on December 5 has been arrested.
They say 35-year-old Derrick Williams was arrested near Reno, Nevada. They gave no details about his arrest.
Williams was wanted for killing his 33-year-old wife, Finesse Dawson, and then trying to cover it up. According to autopsy results from the Cobb County Medical Examiner, Dawson's wife was strangled to death.
Dozens of family members and friends said their goodbyes to 33-year-old Finesse Dawson during a vigil at the home she shared with her husband on Tuesday night.
Williams is facing several charges including malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, concealing the death of other and the possession of marijuana less than 1 oz.