Derrick Williams: Smyrna authorities say man suspected of killing wife arrested
More from News
- Police looking for pregnant, cape-wearing robbery suspect
- Teen sisters Faith English, Kayla English missing from McDonough
- Texas nurse Amber Vinson released from Emory following Ebola treatment
- Investment adviser Aubrey Lee Price sentenced to 30 years in prison
- Atlanta woman Dorothy McGlarthery arrested for stealing federal agent's gun
Authorities in Smyrna say the man who was wanted in connection with the death of his wife on December 5 has been arrested.
They say 35-year-old Derrick Williams was arrested near Reno, Nevada. They gave no details about his arrest.
Williams was wanted for killing his 33-year-old wife, Finesse Dawson, and then trying to cover it up. According to autopsy results from the Cobb County Medical Examiner, Dawson's wife was strangled to death.
Dozens of family members and friends said their goodbyes to 33-year-old Finesse Dawson during a vigil at the home she shared with her husband on Tuesday night.
Williams is facing several charges including malice murder, felony murder, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, concealing the death of other and the possession of marijuana less than 1 oz.