Mallet family Accident: 3 from GA killed in NJ Turnpike crash
More from News
- Former APS Superintendent Beverly Hall dies
- Lawrenceville Man Richard Drummond dead, wife injured in Gwinnett double shooting
- The horrific moment Atlanta woman Myriah Pointer is brutally beaten unconscious 'by her so-called best friends over a HAMBURGER'
- Police: Gwinnett woman Luciana Vonberman uses purse to steal 6 lobsters
- Police: Couple Katrina Norman and Louis Cope left baby alone in van to go have sex
Three people believed to be members of the same Georgia family were killed in an accident Thursday the New Jersey Turnpike.
An 18-year-old woman, also believed to be a family member, survived.
Lt. Stephen Jones says police are still investigating what caused a tractor-trailer to hit the back of a Toyota Camry around 10 a.m. Thursday below Exit 5 near Mount Laurel.
Stone Mountain resident Ainsworth Mallet, along with his wife, Jaqueline, and son, Drew, died at the scene, but police said 18-year-old daughter Nikki survived. Police are still investigating what caused the tractor trailer to strike the back of the family’s Toyota Camry.
Police have not released their names but say they're from Stone Mountain, Ga.
Jones says a second car was involved in a minor way, and a second tractor-trailer swerved to avoid the accident.
The southbound lanes of the Turnpike have re-opened.
Ainsworth and Jaqueline Mallett
Drew Mallett, 12, and his parents were killed in a crash in New Jersey. His sister Nikki Mallett, 18, is the only surviving family member.