Mallet family Accident: 3 from GA killed in NJ Turnpike crash
More from News
- Missing Teen Shaundrea Houston and Daughter Found Safe
- ‘Car surfing’ teen Alex Desalis dies after falling off Jeep, getting run over
- Poice arrest Brandon Smith and Stephanie Rodriguez in Tennessee for running over, killing woman at local Walmart
- Man robs bank in Spiderman mask
- Teen brothers Alexander Trimble and William Trimble killed in Jefferson car accident
Three people believed to be members of the same Georgia family were killed in an accident Thursday the New Jersey Turnpike.
An 18-year-old woman, also believed to be a family member, survived.
Lt. Stephen Jones says police are still investigating what caused a tractor-trailer to hit the back of a Toyota Camry around 10 a.m. Thursday below Exit 5 near Mount Laurel.
Stone Mountain resident Ainsworth Mallet, along with his wife, Jaqueline, and son, Drew, died at the scene, but police said 18-year-old daughter Nikki survived. Police are still investigating what caused the tractor trailer to strike the back of the family’s Toyota Camry.
Police have not released their names but say they're from Stone Mountain, Ga.
Jones says a second car was involved in a minor way, and a second tractor-trailer swerved to avoid the accident.
The southbound lanes of the Turnpike have re-opened.
Ainsworth and Jaqueline Mallett
Drew Mallett, 12, and his parents were killed in a crash in New Jersey. His sister Nikki Mallett, 18, is the only surviving family member.