Cobb deputy Alvin Blake Sutherland accused of sexually assaulting inmate
More from News
- Special ed teacher Kayla Zittrouer, 22, 'sent lewd pictures to and sexually assaulted her 14-year-old student' after just two months in the job
- Police shoot, kill man in Maserati family IDs as 24-year-old Nicholas Thomas
- Atlanta man Torrance Hambrick given life sentence in Atlanta rape, carjacking
- GA Tech student Clark Jacobs falls out of bed, suffers head injury
- Atlanta Water Department workers Charles Edwards and William Spalding accused of theft
An arrest warrant shows a suburban Atlanta sheriff's deputy has been accused of sexually assaulting a female inmate.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports (http://bit.ly/13ZzRCm ) 51-year-old Alvin Blake Sutherland of Douglasville was arrested Friday night. He faces four felony charges, including aggravated sodomy, aggravated sexual battery, sexual assault by a member of law enforcement, and violation of oath of public office.
The warrant says Sutherland made physical contact with the inmate at the Cobb jail on Jan. 11. The inmate's name was not released.
Sutherland was being held Monday in the Douglas County jail. The arrest warrant says his bond was expected to be $100,000 when he's transferred to the Cobb jail.
It was not immediately clear whether Sutherland had a lawyer.