Cobb deputy Alvin Blake Sutherland accused of sexually assaulting inmate
More from News
- Officer, homeowner shot when police respond to wrong house
- Flesh-eating bacteria victim Aimee Copeland has custom van stolen
- Braves players, broadcasters and execs react to fatal Turner Field fall
- Atlanta Braves fan Gregory Murrey dies after falling from upper deck at game
- Police: Athens woman Haley Hill dies after former boyfriend shot her during rampage
An arrest warrant shows a suburban Atlanta sheriff's deputy has been accused of sexually assaulting a female inmate.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports (http://bit.ly/13ZzRCm ) 51-year-old Alvin Blake Sutherland of Douglasville was arrested Friday night. He faces four felony charges, including aggravated sodomy, aggravated sexual battery, sexual assault by a member of law enforcement, and violation of oath of public office.
The warrant says Sutherland made physical contact with the inmate at the Cobb jail on Jan. 11. The inmate's name was not released.
Sutherland was being held Monday in the Douglas County jail. The arrest warrant says his bond was expected to be $100,000 when he's transferred to the Cobb jail.
It was not immediately clear whether Sutherland had a lawyer.