Cobb deputy Alvin Blake Sutherland accused of sexually assaulting inmate
More from News
- Police search for office manager Arica Cameron accused of stealing thousands from dentist
- Driver Bridgett Slike charged with DUI after crashing into Pickens Co. deputy
- Feds seize phones, computers in gym mat death investigation of Kendrick Johnson
- Married woman 'caught sexting another man' at Braves game by teen girls sitting behind the couple
- Police: Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in Conyers
An arrest warrant shows a suburban Atlanta sheriff's deputy has been accused of sexually assaulting a female inmate.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports (http://bit.ly/13ZzRCm ) 51-year-old Alvin Blake Sutherland of Douglasville was arrested Friday night. He faces four felony charges, including aggravated sodomy, aggravated sexual battery, sexual assault by a member of law enforcement, and violation of oath of public office.
The warrant says Sutherland made physical contact with the inmate at the Cobb jail on Jan. 11. The inmate's name was not released.
Sutherland was being held Monday in the Douglas County jail. The arrest warrant says his bond was expected to be $100,000 when he's transferred to the Cobb jail.
It was not immediately clear whether Sutherland had a lawyer.