Cobb deputy Alvin Blake Sutherland accused of sexually assaulting inmate
More from News
- Police identify victim in northwest Atlanta shooting as 27-year-old Donte Seymore
- Police arrest Joannessa Clawson, James Clawson and Patti Ann Baldassarre for setting up fake GoFundMe account for daughter
- Former Peachtree City police chief William McCollom turns himself in
- Gov. Nathan Deal signs medical marijuana bill
- Former commissioner's chief of staff Bob Lundsten indicted for theft
An arrest warrant shows a suburban Atlanta sheriff's deputy has been accused of sexually assaulting a female inmate.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports (http://bit.ly/13ZzRCm ) 51-year-old Alvin Blake Sutherland of Douglasville was arrested Friday night. He faces four felony charges, including aggravated sodomy, aggravated sexual battery, sexual assault by a member of law enforcement, and violation of oath of public office.
The warrant says Sutherland made physical contact with the inmate at the Cobb jail on Jan. 11. The inmate's name was not released.
Sutherland was being held Monday in the Douglas County jail. The arrest warrant says his bond was expected to be $100,000 when he's transferred to the Cobb jail.
It was not immediately clear whether Sutherland had a lawyer.