Cobb deputy Alvin Blake Sutherland accused of sexually assaulting inmate
More from News
- Atlanta mom Raven Taylor led police chase with 13-year-old son in the car
- Alpharetta mom Erica Mondor, high on heroin crashes van, kids in backseat
- Woman shot dead at MARTA bus stop in Lithonia robbery identified as Marcaysia Dawkins
- Body of missing Georgia man Andrew Sprinkle found in NC
- Former Atlanta Falcons running back Jamal Anderson arrested for DUI
An arrest warrant shows a suburban Atlanta sheriff's deputy has been accused of sexually assaulting a female inmate.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports (http://bit.ly/13ZzRCm ) 51-year-old Alvin Blake Sutherland of Douglasville was arrested Friday night. He faces four felony charges, including aggravated sodomy, aggravated sexual battery, sexual assault by a member of law enforcement, and violation of oath of public office.
The warrant says Sutherland made physical contact with the inmate at the Cobb jail on Jan. 11. The inmate's name was not released.
Sutherland was being held Monday in the Douglas County jail. The arrest warrant says his bond was expected to be $100,000 when he's transferred to the Cobb jail.
It was not immediately clear whether Sutherland had a lawyer.