Cobb deputy Alvin Blake Sutherland accused of sexually assaulting inmate
More from News
- Thomas Jesse Lee named person of interest in deaths of 5 in Troup County
- Cherokee deputies search for missing Woodstock woman Elizabeth Fain
- Whitney Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in Roswell home
- Shooting in DeKalb County leaves one dead, three wounded
- Macon woman Martha Ard trying to cross street is struck by car, killed
An arrest warrant shows a suburban Atlanta sheriff's deputy has been accused of sexually assaulting a female inmate.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports (http://bit.ly/13ZzRCm ) 51-year-old Alvin Blake Sutherland of Douglasville was arrested Friday night. He faces four felony charges, including aggravated sodomy, aggravated sexual battery, sexual assault by a member of law enforcement, and violation of oath of public office.
The warrant says Sutherland made physical contact with the inmate at the Cobb jail on Jan. 11. The inmate's name was not released.
Sutherland was being held Monday in the Douglas County jail. The arrest warrant says his bond was expected to be $100,000 when he's transferred to the Cobb jail.
It was not immediately clear whether Sutherland had a lawyer.