Ga. man Nkosi Thandiwe sentenced in Midtown Atlanta shootings
The man charged in a shooting in a parking deck that left one woman dead and two others wounded has been sentenced to life in prison plus 65 years.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://bit.ly/14tHcdC) reports a Fulton County Superior Court Judge called the shootings random and hate-filled, and sentenced 23-year-old Nkosi Thandiwe Thursday.
In July of 2011, Thandiwe fatally shot 26-year-old Brittany Watts, Lauren Garcia and Tiffany Ferenczy in a parking lot on Crescent Avenue near 14th Street in Atlanta's Midtown neighborhood. He fled the scene in Watt's car and the shooting left Garcia paralyzed.
During his testimony Wednesday, Thandiwe said the shooting may have stemmed from beliefs he held about white people as an anthropology major in college.
A jury deliberated for 30 minutes Thursday before delivering a guilty verdict.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31