Family: Boyfriend Carlos Simpson arrested in woman's shooting death
More from News
- Deputies search for man Rockwell Serrabo accused of killing wife
- Repo man Tracey Ford accused of stealing 60 cars across metro Atlanta
- Georgia mom Julie Giles arrested, shackled over son's unexcused school absences
- Atlanta woman Lauren Lamar on a boating trip in Miami disappears
- Dashcam video shows plane crashing into I-285 in Atlanta
DeKalb County police have arrested a 22-year-old Decatur man after they say he shot and killed his girlfriend in his family's driveway on Monday night.
The people who live on Eagle's Nest Circle call the shooting an accident, but DeKalb police say it was a case of murder.
Police say Shikhira Dunson, 20, was shot and killed in the driveway during an argument on Monday night. Carlos Simpson lived in the house with his family, and DeKalb police arrested Simpson early on Tuesday morning. The suspect's mother and father loved Shikhira like she was their own daughter.
"Shikhira. She was a sweet girl. She will tell everybody, ‘I love this child.' Even her mother knows. I don't know what the deal was and stuff like that, but it's something that -- it's hard, it's hard right now," said the suspect's mother, Sheila Simpson.
Dunson and Simpson had a 10-month-old son together. Family members say the boy is with his paternal grandmother.