Train hits vehicles in Gwinnett County; 1 killed
More from News
- Double-homicide in Cobb County, Dustin Ray Dixon arrested
- Police seek man who killed stepson Andres Arias during arguement
- Georgia sheriff posts ‘politically incorrect’ welcome sign
- Missing Teen Shaundrea Houston and Daughter Found Safe
- ‘Car surfing’ teen Alex Desalis dies after falling off Jeep, getting run over
Officials in Gwinnett County say a person has died after an accident between a train and two cars in Norcross.
Gwinnett County police spokesman Jeff Richter says a car accident happened on the train tracks and could not be cleared out of the way before the train approached.
Richter says 1 of the cars burst into flames after the accident and one person was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The identity of the person who was killed in the accident has not been released.
Norcross is about 15 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.