Train hits vehicles in Gwinnett County; 1 killed
More from News
- Police shoot, kill man in Maserati family IDs as 24-year-old Nicholas Thomas
- Atlanta man Torrance Hambrick given life sentence in Atlanta rape, carjacking
- GA Tech student Clark Jacobs falls out of bed, suffers head injury
- Atlanta Water Department workers Charles Edwards and William Spalding accused of theft
- Man accused of raping woman he met on dating app appears in court
Officials in Gwinnett County say a person has died after an accident between a train and two cars in Norcross.
Gwinnett County police spokesman Jeff Richter says a car accident happened on the train tracks and could not be cleared out of the way before the train approached.
Richter says 1 of the cars burst into flames after the accident and one person was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The identity of the person who was killed in the accident has not been released.
Norcross is about 15 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.