Train hits vehicles in Gwinnett County; 1 killed
More from News
- Storm Rips Through Fayette County Destroying Mobile Home Park
- Rapper Rick Ross arrested after 'kidnapping and pistol-whipping' man working at his $7.5million Georgia mega-mansion
- Surveillance video shows suspect in Applbee's killing
- Stone Mountain mom arrested after leaving toddler in hot car
- Acworth man Anthony Dunton accused of putting weed killer in co-worker's water
Officials in Gwinnett County say a person has died after an accident between a train and two cars in Norcross.
Gwinnett County police spokesman Jeff Richter says a car accident happened on the train tracks and could not be cleared out of the way before the train approached.
Richter says 1 of the cars burst into flames after the accident and one person was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The identity of the person who was killed in the accident has not been released.
Norcross is about 15 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.