Train hits vehicles in Gwinnett County; 1 killed
More from News
- Police looking for pregnant, cape-wearing robbery suspect
- Teen sisters Faith English, Kayla English missing from McDonough
- Texas nurse Amber Vinson released from Emory following Ebola treatment
- Investment adviser Aubrey Lee Price sentenced to 30 years in prison
- Atlanta woman Dorothy McGlarthery arrested for stealing federal agent's gun
Officials in Gwinnett County say a person has died after an accident between a train and two cars in Norcross.
Gwinnett County police spokesman Jeff Richter says a car accident happened on the train tracks and could not be cleared out of the way before the train approached.
Richter says 1 of the cars burst into flames after the accident and one person was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The identity of the person who was killed in the accident has not been released.
Norcross is about 15 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.