Train hits vehicles in Gwinnett County; 1 killed
More from News
- Accused serial killer Aeman Presley pleads not guilty to murder in one of four killings
- Female Air Force vet Michelle Manhart arrested trying to stop US flag protest
- Metro officer Christopher Maddox arrested for exposing himself in public
- Local teacher Patricia Pusha in house killed by falling tree
- Police identify victim in northwest Atlanta shooting as 27-year-old Donte Seymore
Officials in Gwinnett County say a person has died after an accident between a train and two cars in Norcross.
Gwinnett County police spokesman Jeff Richter says a car accident happened on the train tracks and could not be cleared out of the way before the train approached.
Richter says 1 of the cars burst into flames after the accident and one person was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The identity of the person who was killed in the accident has not been released.
Norcross is about 15 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.