Train hits vehicles in Gwinnett County; 1 killed
More from News
- Missing Georgia Tech student Kinsey Canova at Grady Hospital
- Police: Naked man Juan Carlos Ramirez arrested for church fire
- Police: Eddie Ball and Ivy Shumake identified as Suspects in DeKalb County officer shooting
- Decatur mom Rockell Coleman charged after 2 sons killed in house fire
- Serial killer Aeman Presley charged with murdering popular hairdresser and two homeless men as they slept
Officials in Gwinnett County say a person has died after an accident between a train and two cars in Norcross.
Gwinnett County police spokesman Jeff Richter says a car accident happened on the train tracks and could not be cleared out of the way before the train approached.
Richter says 1 of the cars burst into flames after the accident and one person was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The identity of the person who was killed in the accident has not been released.
Norcross is about 15 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.