More from News
- Missing Georgia Tech student Kinsey Canova at Grady Hospital
- Police: Naked man Juan Carlos Ramirez arrested for church fire
- Police: Eddie Ball and Ivy Shumake identified as Suspects in DeKalb County officer shooting
- Decatur mom Rockell Coleman charged after 2 sons killed in house fire
- 2 Dekalb County officers, suspect shot
Police arrested a Newton County woman this week and charged her with nearly 200 counts of forgery after stealing more than $250,000 from her employer.
Tiffany Hewell, 30, was booked into the Newton County Jail on Monday, charged with 92 felony counts of forgery as well as 100 misdemeanor counts.
According to Covington police Capt. Ken Malcom, Hewell worked in the accounting department at Crowne Community Homes, a Conyers-based home builder.
“Her employer became aware of missing checks in mid-February and conducted an audit,” Malcom told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in an e-mail. “They realized they were missing $255,139.43 in funds.”
Malcom said that when confronted by her employer, Hewell “left the business and later sent a message apologizing for her involvement.”
He said that Covington police investigators discovered that between February 2011 and February 2013, Hewell had nine “associates” cash 192 missing checks at the “Big EZ” store on Washington Street in Covington.
“These associates would keep a portion of the money and then return the majority of the funds to her,” Malcom said.
Police have also arrested two of those associates, and have issued warrants for the remaining seven.
Also arrested were Darrell McKibben, 49, of Covington, who was charged with 37 felony counts of forgery and 31 misdemeanor counts of forgery and Barry Jordan, 42, of Covington, who was charged with 22 felony counts and 28 misdemeanor counts of forgery.
Warrants were issued for Crystal Thrasher, Wilson Lamar Price, Timothy Sims, Darrick Howard, Jason Myers, Shalter Lashawn Rogers and Antonio Howard, charging all seven with numerous counts of forgery.
Police in Conyers, where Hewell worked, have also charged her with multiple counts of theft by taking. Hewell remained in the Newton County Jail without bond on Thursday.
WHAT'S TRENDING NOW
- Facebook app adds Downvote button for when you really hate a post
- R&B star Jeremih charged after his entourage tried forcing open the door to an aircraft's boarding ramp
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's teenage son is recovering from injuries after 'being mugged and put in a chokehold by two men' near family's home
- That's not your girlfriend! Marlon Wayans caught cheating on his girlfriend
- Pop star Nikki Williams accuses Uber driver of sexual harassment:
- iPhone 6 vs Galaxy S5: Which phone should you get
- Protesters greet Obama on first day of Hawaiian vacation as president goes golfing during Brooklyn cop killing
- Police: Slain Clayton mom Korean Bowden missing both ears
- Police: Teen athlete Tsvetomir Petrushev hit by car, driver kept going
- Newly discovered 'Bourbon Virus' is believed to be behind mysterious death of Kansas man
- Amber Rose caught Wiz Khalifa cheating with TWINS
- Abercrombie & Fitch takes on fake website selling racist 'n***er brown' trousers in its name
- Muhammad Ali hospitalized with pneumonia
- Federal Aviation Administration restricts landings at Daniel Field, citing trees and other objects in airspace
- Autopsy report of mayor husband shot dead by his 'battered' wife reveals she suffered 'over 20 years of physical abuse'
- Marietta Police offer reward for missing mother Tiffany Whitton
- Pennsylvania man Gregory Graf ‘killed stepdaughter and filmed himself having sex with corpse’
- 'Sons of Guns' star William Hayden indicted on more child rape charges
- Abercrombie & Fitch acceptable hairstyle guidelines leaked
- Dubai police unveil $450K Lamborghini cop car
- Worker Leon Sax Killed When Wall Collapsed at Construction Site
- Pregnant woman Tiffany Robbins, baby dies after Acworth crash
- Yule have fun matching the (very gaudy) tree to the star
- Man Haron Monis' ex-wife fled to America just months before she was stabbed to death
- From juggling a litter of hyper puppies to being sat on by an emu: Meet the animal photographer who captures adorable pet snaps
- Rihanna's Dad Sells Pictures of Teenage Rihanna, 'Secret Family' to Tabloids
- Jennifer Lopez showcases her famous curves in a gladiator-style dress on American Idol
- Tiffany Six: Porn star teacher loses appeal to return to the classroom
- Pictured: Dan Marino's former mistress Donna Savattere and love child spotted in upscale London neighborhood
- LL Bean duck boot gets a kick from retro trend
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|