Villa Rica Man Chase Mayfield comatose after Stix bar beating
More from News
- Whitney Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in Roswell home
- Shooting in DeKalb County leaves one dead, three wounded
- Macon woman Martha Ard trying to cross street is struck by car, killed
- Court reporters Tammy Stine, Kimberly Probst and Betty Petersen sentenced after manipulating transcripts to make more money
- Atlanta Hawks to help couple Allison and Brandon Murphy who found out their tickets were not valid
Three men are behind bars, accused of kicking and punching a man to near death.
The victim is at Atlanta Medical Center with critical head injuries.
Mayfield's brothers say the support from others is what keeps them going.
Cody and Colt Mayfield have been at Atlanta Medical since the attack happened early Friday.
Their brother was at Stix Bar and Grill in Villa
Rica. Witnesses said the victim walked outside to help a man who had too much to drink. Investigators said once outside, he was beaten and kicked unconscious.
"He tried to avoid the situation. One hit him and he tried to run away to get away from the situation because he was outnumbered, and as another man hit him from the side he fell and hit the concrete," Cody Mayfield said.
That fall left Chase Mayfield with bleeding and swelling on his brain and his family is asking for prayers.
"We are waiting on the swelling to go down on its own without doing any drilling in his head or anything," Colt Mayfield said.
Villa Rica police on Saturday charged Gene Norris, Michael Baldwin and Greg Rainwater with aggravated assault and battery. They are being held in jail without bond.
Cody Mayfield said he doesn't know why the men allegedly beat his brother.
"That's what I don't know. The guys are known for stirring up trouble," he said.
"It's pointless, it's not right. If I could go back and just take him somewhere or if I could be there myself just to keep it from happening," Colt Mayfield said.
"We need a lot of prayer and time," Cody Mayfield added.
The family said Chase Mayfield will be in a coma for at least the next four to five days. They said doctors plan on trying to wake him up.