Rapper OG Double D killed in shooting on I-20
More from News
- Police: Deceased baby had meth in her system, mom Jazmen Hazelrigs arrested
- Sons of Confederate Veterans license plate revealed
- Kelly Gissendaner, last woman on Georgia's death row, executed
- Police investigate homicide of Goodwill employee Pamela Harmon, Suspect Brandon Johnson killed
- Parents forgive son who plotted their death for years
The victim in Thursday's deadly shooting on Interstate 20 was Jame Lewiel, a music executive and rapper who went by the name OG Double D, Lewiel's family told reporters.
Authorities say someone from a white SUV was shooting at the driver of a Maybach as they drove down I-20 in DeKalb County during the afternoon rush hour on Thursday.
Lewiel was transported to the hospital and later died, according to Mekka Parish of the DeKalb County Police Department.
Lewiel's family says his music was about the positive things in life, and he rapped against guns and violence.
Authorities are still searching for the gunman.
"If you know anything, call and let them know. Our brother means that much to us. We just want to get closure. We want whoever that done this to be behind bars where they need to be," said Kim McCulley, Lewiel's sister. "Monsters do this. You don't just take innocent lives."
Several hip-hop websites say that OG Double D was an associate of popular rapper Future through the Freebandz record label.
On Friday, Future posted a tweet, apparently in reference to the shooting saying, "RIP UNKA #DD #FREEBANDDOUBLE..he called me the wizard & ima live up too it #lafamilia"
The Maybach car is one of the most expensive vehicles sold, with a price tag between $400,000 and $1 million.