Ex-PTA treasurer Kim Turman accused of stealing from 2 schools
More from News
- Deputies search for man Rockwell Serrabo accused of killing wife
- Repo man Tracey Ford accused of stealing 60 cars across metro Atlanta
- Georgia mom Julie Giles arrested, shackled over son's unexcused school absences
- Atlanta woman Lauren Lamar on a boating trip in Miami disappears
- Dashcam video shows plane crashing into I-285 in Atlanta
A former PTA treasurer has been charged with stealing money from two Cherokee County schools.
Kim Turman was arrested Monday by detectives with the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's Lt. Jay Baker said Turman, 40, is accused of taking more than $12,000 from Indian Knoll Elementary School's PTA and nearly $5,900 from the Sequoyah High School Girls Soccer Booster Club, when she was the treasurer for both organizations.
She has been charged with two counts of felony theft and has since been released from the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center on $52,000 bond.
Baker said both Georgia PTA and the soccer booster club are cooperating with the sheriff's office in their investigation.