Ex-PTA treasurer Kim Turman accused of stealing from 2 schools
More from News
- Atlanta mom Raven Taylor led police chase with 13-year-old son in the car
- Alpharetta mom Erica Mondor, high on heroin crashes van, kids in backseat
- Woman shot dead at MARTA bus stop in Lithonia robbery identified as Marcaysia Dawkins
- Body of missing Georgia man Andrew Sprinkle found in NC
- Former Atlanta Falcons running back Jamal Anderson arrested for DUI
A former PTA treasurer has been charged with stealing money from two Cherokee County schools.
Kim Turman was arrested Monday by detectives with the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's Lt. Jay Baker said Turman, 40, is accused of taking more than $12,000 from Indian Knoll Elementary School's PTA and nearly $5,900 from the Sequoyah High School Girls Soccer Booster Club, when she was the treasurer for both organizations.
She has been charged with two counts of felony theft and has since been released from the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center on $52,000 bond.
Baker said both Georgia PTA and the soccer booster club are cooperating with the sheriff's office in their investigation.