Ex-PTA treasurer Kim Turman accused of stealing from 2 schools
More from News
- Parents anger after their child is found screaming in 'body bag' restraint at the dentist office
- Strangers catch Sandy Springs women who jumped from burning building
- Police arrest Greg Haney and Ledarrius Jackson in Shooting death of Applebees Manager
- Fifty teenagers storm Georgia Walmart at 2am causing thousands in damage and assaulting an elderly shopper for FUN
- Storm Rips Through Fayette County Destroying Mobile Home Park
A former PTA treasurer has been charged with stealing money from two Cherokee County schools.
Kim Turman was arrested Monday by detectives with the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's Lt. Jay Baker said Turman, 40, is accused of taking more than $12,000 from Indian Knoll Elementary School's PTA and nearly $5,900 from the Sequoyah High School Girls Soccer Booster Club, when she was the treasurer for both organizations.
She has been charged with two counts of felony theft and has since been released from the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center on $52,000 bond.
Baker said both Georgia PTA and the soccer booster club are cooperating with the sheriff's office in their investigation.