Ex-PTA treasurer Kim Turman accused of stealing from 2 schools
More from News
- The horrific moment Atlanta woman Myriah Pointer is brutally beaten unconscious 'by her so-called best friends over a HAMBURGER'
- Police: Gwinnett woman Luciana Vonberman uses purse to steal 6 lobsters
- Police: Couple Katrina Norman and Louis Cope left baby alone in van to go have sex
- Habersham Sheriff Joey Terrell, deputy Bill Zigan shot responding to domestic call
- Ex-Ga. girls' track coach Ryne Thackston sentenced for sexting student
A former PTA treasurer has been charged with stealing money from two Cherokee County schools.
Kim Turman was arrested Monday by detectives with the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff's Lt. Jay Baker said Turman, 40, is accused of taking more than $12,000 from Indian Knoll Elementary School's PTA and nearly $5,900 from the Sequoyah High School Girls Soccer Booster Club, when she was the treasurer for both organizations.
She has been charged with two counts of felony theft and has since been released from the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center on $52,000 bond.
Baker said both Georgia PTA and the soccer booster club are cooperating with the sheriff's office in their investigation.