Flying tire on Interstate 85 kills driver Aila Masud
More from News
- Police looking for pregnant, cape-wearing robbery suspect
- Teen sisters Faith English, Kayla English missing from McDonough
- Texas nurse Amber Vinson released from Emory following Ebola treatment
- Investment adviser Aubrey Lee Price sentenced to 30 years in prison
- Atlanta woman Dorothy McGlarthery arrested for stealing federal agent's gun
DeKalb County authorities say a front tire from a pickup truck flew over the median wall of Interstate 85 northbound near Atlanta and killed a driver of a minivan in the southbound lanes.
Investigators say the incident happened around 8 a.m. near Shallowford Road. They say 47-year-old Aila Masud was killed instantly, and her 16-year-old daughter traveling with her was injured.
The teen was transported to Children's Hospital of Atlanta at Egleston for observation.
Investigators say they don't know how the tire fell off the truck. It is not known if charges will be filed.