Flying tire on Interstate 85 kills driver Aila Masud
More from News
- Georgia mother Kisha Holmes kills three children in murder-suicide: police
- Two Hurt In CSX Train Derailment In Allendale County
- Georgia man Warren Lee Hill who killed a fellow prisoner to be executed Tuesday
- 2 Chainz wants to run for mayor of College Park, Georgia
- Lashawnda Sierra Barnwell and her sister sentenced in robbery, carjacking of SCAD student
DeKalb County authorities say a front tire from a pickup truck flew over the median wall of Interstate 85 northbound near Atlanta and killed a driver of a minivan in the southbound lanes.
Investigators say the incident happened around 8 a.m. near Shallowford Road. They say 47-year-old Aila Masud was killed instantly, and her 16-year-old daughter traveling with her was injured.
The teen was transported to Children's Hospital of Atlanta at Egleston for observation.
Investigators say they don't know how the tire fell off the truck. It is not known if charges will be filed.