Flying tire on Interstate 85 kills driver Aila Masud
More from News
- Dashcam video shows plane crashing into I-285 in Atlanta
- East Point man holds suspected carjacker Edgar Horn at gunpoint until police arrive
- Clark Atlanta student Alexis Jones-Rhodes disappears on her way to graduation
- Atlanta passengers escape bus seconds before it gets hit by train
- Mother claims teacher Quinton Wright was fired for letting teens have sex in storage closet
DeKalb County authorities say a front tire from a pickup truck flew over the median wall of Interstate 85 northbound near Atlanta and killed a driver of a minivan in the southbound lanes.
Investigators say the incident happened around 8 a.m. near Shallowford Road. They say 47-year-old Aila Masud was killed instantly, and her 16-year-old daughter traveling with her was injured.
The teen was transported to Children's Hospital of Atlanta at Egleston for observation.
Investigators say they don't know how the tire fell off the truck. It is not known if charges will be filed.