Flying tire on Interstate 85 kills driver Aila Masud
More from News
- Rape charge dismissed against Ga pastor Yohandry Bravo
- Deadly hit-and-run suspect Jacob O’Reilly denied bond
- Baby Found: Police arrest Alfred Hunter, Jr. in case of missing 16-month-old
- Mysterious illness claims life of local mother Stefanie Ballard
- Cobb County sailor Brandon Haith shot to death in Virginia Beach
DeKalb County authorities say a front tire from a pickup truck flew over the median wall of Interstate 85 northbound near Atlanta and killed a driver of a minivan in the southbound lanes.
Investigators say the incident happened around 8 a.m. near Shallowford Road. They say 47-year-old Aila Masud was killed instantly, and her 16-year-old daughter traveling with her was injured.
The teen was transported to Children's Hospital of Atlanta at Egleston for observation.
Investigators say they don't know how the tire fell off the truck. It is not known if charges will be filed.