Flying tire on Interstate 85 kills driver Aila Masud
More from News
- Missing Georgia Tech student Kinsey Canova at Grady Hospital
- Police: Naked man Juan Carlos Ramirez arrested for church fire
- Police: Eddie Ball and Ivy Shumake identified as Suspects in DeKalb County officer shooting
- Decatur mom Rockell Coleman charged after 2 sons killed in house fire
- Serial killer Aeman Presley charged with murdering popular hairdresser and two homeless men as they slept
DeKalb County authorities say a front tire from a pickup truck flew over the median wall of Interstate 85 northbound near Atlanta and killed a driver of a minivan in the southbound lanes.
Investigators say the incident happened around 8 a.m. near Shallowford Road. They say 47-year-old Aila Masud was killed instantly, and her 16-year-old daughter traveling with her was injured.
The teen was transported to Children's Hospital of Atlanta at Egleston for observation.
Investigators say they don't know how the tire fell off the truck. It is not known if charges will be filed.