Police arrest Marquez Martin and Jordan Maxwell in fatal Ga. double shooting
More from News
- Police search for missing Marietta couple Bud and June Runion who left to buy car posted on Craigslist
- Morrow police chief Melvin Douglas, Jr. terminated after less than 5 months on the job
- Atlanta woman Ogunsuyi Olubumi arrested in shooting of big rig driver
- Georgia teacher Elizabeth Scroggs, 32, arrested at high school after police receive anonymous tip that she had a 'sexual relationship' with student
- High school basketball coach Melonie Martin accused of biting fellow coach
Three Macon teens have been arrested in the deaths of 2 men who were found shot last week.
Monroe County Sheriff J.C. Bittick Monday said 19-year-old Marquez Martin and 18-year-old Jordan Maxwell have been taken into custody. Bittick says a 16-year-old girl has also been arrested and police are still searching for a 17-year-old boy in connection with the slayings.
Authorities have said 36-year-old Russell Jacobs and 40-year-old Pittman Woods were found dead at their house by Woods' father May 7.
Bittick says the suspects gave the victims a ride to their house after their truck broke down. When they arrived, Bittick says 1 of the suspects asked to come inside for something to drink and the men were shot and robbed afterward.
It's unclear if the suspects have attorneys.