Police: Stockbridge man John Wesley Morgan, Jr shoots, kills elderly father
More from News
- Atlanta mom Raven Taylor led police chase with 13-year-old son in the car
- Alpharetta mom Erica Mondor, high on heroin crashes van, kids in backseat
- Woman shot dead at MARTA bus stop in Lithonia robbery identified as Marcaysia Dawkins
- Body of missing Georgia man Andrew Sprinkle found in NC
- Former Atlanta Falcons running back Jamal Anderson arrested for DUI
Henry County police say a man shot and killed his 79-year-old father in Stockbridge on Wednesday.
Police say the victim, John Wesley Morgan, got into a fight with one of his sons at the family business, Morgan Auto Parts on Highway 138.
"Upon arrival, officers discovered that there had been a domestic altercation at the scene here between a father and son. At some time during that altercation, his son picked up a gun and fired it at the victim, striking him multiple times," Major Jason Bolton of the Henry County Police Department.
David Gentry has worked for the Morgan family for more than 20 years and was inside the shop when the shots rang out.
"I just heard shots, that's all," Gentry said. "They're good people. I don't know what snapped him or whatever."
Henry County police said that the son was on scene and cooperative with them when they responded. He was interviewed by detectives late Wednesday.
This isn't the first time police have been called to Morgan Auto Parts for a fatal shooting. Back in 2006, the suspect's brother allegedly shot and killed a man trespassing on the property.
Police said that the son, 49-year-old John Wesley Morgan, Jr., will be charged with murder in his father's death. He was booked in Henry County Jail late Wednesday.