Oconee man Talmadge Powell arrested in murder of Waffle House waitress Misty Michelle Myrick
More from News
- Mother: Remains found in Floyd County belong to missing daughter Ashley Jones
- GBI: Euharlee police chief Terry Harget, assistant chief Richard Smith arrested
- Special ed teacher Kayla Zittrouer, 22, 'sent lewd pictures to and sexually assaulted her 14-year-old student' after just two months in the job
- Police shoot, kill man in Maserati family IDs as 24-year-old Nicholas Thomas
- Atlanta man Torrance Hambrick given life sentence in Atlanta rape, carjacking
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office has made an arrest in the murder of a Waffle House waitress.
Talmadge Edward Powell, 78, of Lavista Road in Athens, is facing charges in the woman’s death, sheriff’s officials said.
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday identified the woman as Misty Michelle Myrick, 38, of neighboring Oglethorpe County. Powell allegedly shot Myrick after a dispute.
She was found dead Tuesday along Simonton Bridge Road in Oconee. Officials told the GA Daily News that Myrick had a gunshot wound in the head.
“The crime lab has determined that the death is a homicide,” the sheriff’s office posted on Facebook.
Misty Michelle Myrick, 38