Oconee man Talmadge Powell arrested in murder of Waffle House waitress Misty Michelle Myrick
More from News
- Atlanta mom Raven Taylor led police chase with 13-year-old son in the car
- Alpharetta mom Erica Mondor, high on heroin crashes van, kids in backseat
- Woman shot dead at MARTA bus stop in Lithonia robbery identified as Marcaysia Dawkins
- Body of missing Georgia man Andrew Sprinkle found in NC
- Former Atlanta Falcons running back Jamal Anderson arrested for DUI
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office has made an arrest in the murder of a Waffle House waitress.
Talmadge Edward Powell, 78, of Lavista Road in Athens, is facing charges in the woman’s death, sheriff’s officials said.
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday identified the woman as Misty Michelle Myrick, 38, of neighboring Oglethorpe County. Powell allegedly shot Myrick after a dispute.
She was found dead Tuesday along Simonton Bridge Road in Oconee. Officials told the GA Daily News that Myrick had a gunshot wound in the head.
“The crime lab has determined that the death is a homicide,” the sheriff’s office posted on Facebook.
Misty Michelle Myrick, 38