Oconee man Talmadge Powell arrested in murder of Waffle House waitress Misty Michelle Myrick
More from News
- Georgia sheriff posts ‘politically incorrect’ welcome sign
- Missing Teen Shaundrea Houston and Daughter Found Safe
- ‘Car surfing’ teen Alex Desalis dies after falling off Jeep, getting run over
- Poice arrest Brandon Smith and Stephanie Rodriguez in Tennessee for running over, killing woman at local Walmart
- Man robs bank in Spiderman mask
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office has made an arrest in the murder of a Waffle House waitress.
Talmadge Edward Powell, 78, of Lavista Road in Athens, is facing charges in the woman’s death, sheriff’s officials said.
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday identified the woman as Misty Michelle Myrick, 38, of neighboring Oglethorpe County. Powell allegedly shot Myrick after a dispute.
She was found dead Tuesday along Simonton Bridge Road in Oconee. Officials told the GA Daily News that Myrick had a gunshot wound in the head.
“The crime lab has determined that the death is a homicide,” the sheriff’s office posted on Facebook.
Misty Michelle Myrick, 38