Oconee man Talmadge Powell arrested in murder of Waffle House waitress Misty Michelle Myrick
More from News
- Police find bodies of missing car-buying couple Bud Runion and his wife, June Runion
- Ronnie "Jay" Towns identified as suspect in the disappearance of Cobb County couple
- Police search for missing Marietta couple Bud and June Runion who left to buy car posted on Craigslist
- Morrow police chief Melvin Douglas, Jr. terminated after less than 5 months on the job
- Atlanta woman Ogunsuyi Olubumi arrested in shooting of big rig driver
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office has made an arrest in the murder of a Waffle House waitress.
Talmadge Edward Powell, 78, of Lavista Road in Athens, is facing charges in the woman’s death, sheriff’s officials said.
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday identified the woman as Misty Michelle Myrick, 38, of neighboring Oglethorpe County. Powell allegedly shot Myrick after a dispute.
She was found dead Tuesday along Simonton Bridge Road in Oconee. Officials told the GA Daily News that Myrick had a gunshot wound in the head.
“The crime lab has determined that the death is a homicide,” the sheriff’s office posted on Facebook.
Misty Michelle Myrick, 38