Oconee man Talmadge Powell arrested in murder of Waffle House waitress Misty Michelle Myrick
More from News
- Driver Bridgett Slike charged with DUI after crashing into Pickens Co. deputy
- Feds seize phones, computers in gym mat death investigation of Kendrick Johnson
- Married woman 'caught sexting another man' at Braves game by teen girls sitting behind the couple
- Police: Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in Conyers
- Shooting in Suwanee leaves four dead, one injured
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office has made an arrest in the murder of a Waffle House waitress.
Talmadge Edward Powell, 78, of Lavista Road in Athens, is facing charges in the woman’s death, sheriff’s officials said.
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday identified the woman as Misty Michelle Myrick, 38, of neighboring Oglethorpe County. Powell allegedly shot Myrick after a dispute.
She was found dead Tuesday along Simonton Bridge Road in Oconee. Officials told the GA Daily News that Myrick had a gunshot wound in the head.
“The crime lab has determined that the death is a homicide,” the sheriff’s office posted on Facebook.
Misty Michelle Myrick, 38