Cartersville humane society director Brian Canty arrested
More from News
- Shooting in DeKalb County leaves one dead, three wounded
- Macon woman Martha Ard trying to cross street is struck by car, killed
- Court reporters Tammy Stine, Kimberly Probst and Betty Petersen sentenced after manipulating transcripts to make more money
- Atlanta Hawks to help couple Allison and Brandon Murphy who found out their tickets were not valid
- Couple says StubHub canceled $22 Hawks tickets, said they were too cheap
The director of the humane society in Cartersville faces a simple battery charge after a volunteer claimed he touched her inappropriately.
Bartow County sheriff's deputies arrested Brian Canty, 50, of the Etowah Valley Humane Society in February.
The woman told investigators she was working at the shelter on Feb. 13 when Canty approached her from behind. She said he grabbed her pants and pulled them down and then later made lewd comments to her.