Cartersville humane society director Brian Canty arrested
More from News
- State shuts down The Meliora School for Early Learning Dacula daycare over sex abuse allegations
- Georgia man Christopher Whitmore shoots dead wife and eight-year-old son in gas station forecourt before turning gun on himself
- Cobb County school coach Craig Hines resigns amid hazing allegations
- Teen listening to music hit, killed by train, police say
- Family of toddler maimed by flash grenade in botched drug raid settles for $1million
The director of the humane society in Cartersville faces a simple battery charge after a volunteer claimed he touched her inappropriately.
Bartow County sheriff's deputies arrested Brian Canty, 50, of the Etowah Valley Humane Society in February.
The woman told investigators she was working at the shelter on Feb. 13 when Canty approached her from behind. She said he grabbed her pants and pulled them down and then later made lewd comments to her.