Cartersville humane society director Brian Canty arrested
More from News
- Special ed teacher Kayla Zittrouer, 22, 'sent lewd pictures to and sexually assaulted her 14-year-old student' after just two months in the job
- Police shoot, kill man in Maserati family IDs as 24-year-old Nicholas Thomas
- Atlanta man Torrance Hambrick given life sentence in Atlanta rape, carjacking
- GA Tech student Clark Jacobs falls out of bed, suffers head injury
- Atlanta Water Department workers Charles Edwards and William Spalding accused of theft
The director of the humane society in Cartersville faces a simple battery charge after a volunteer claimed he touched her inappropriately.
Bartow County sheriff's deputies arrested Brian Canty, 50, of the Etowah Valley Humane Society in February.
The woman told investigators she was working at the shelter on Feb. 13 when Canty approached her from behind. She said he grabbed her pants and pulled them down and then later made lewd comments to her.