Cartersville humane society director Brian Canty arrested
More from News
- Repo man Tracey Ford accused of stealing 60 cars across metro Atlanta
- Georgia mom Julie Giles arrested, shackled over son's unexcused school absences
- Atlanta woman Lauren Lamar on a boating trip in Miami disappears
- Dashcam video shows plane crashing into I-285 in Atlanta
- East Point man holds suspected carjacker Edgar Horn at gunpoint until police arrive
The director of the humane society in Cartersville faces a simple battery charge after a volunteer claimed he touched her inappropriately.
Bartow County sheriff's deputies arrested Brian Canty, 50, of the Etowah Valley Humane Society in February.
The woman told investigators she was working at the shelter on Feb. 13 when Canty approached her from behind. She said he grabbed her pants and pulled them down and then later made lewd comments to her.