Georgia convict Marcus Tillman arrested in Calif. after 4 years
Authorities in San Francisco say they have captured a fugitive and convicted child molester who fled his 2009 trial in Georgia.
U.S. Marshal Don O'Keefe said Friday that Marcus Tillman was arrested by marshals and police at a San Francisco coffeehouse Thursday. O'Keefe says Tillman gave officers a fake ID then admitted his identity.
Prosecutors in Georgia say Tillman cut his ankle monitor and fled Forsyth County in February 2009 during his trial for molesting two young male relatives. Tillman was convicted in absentia of child molestation, aggravated sodomy and child cruelty and sentenced to 40 years in prison.
Authorities in California had been seeking him since he accessed a bank account from here in late 2009.
Tillman has been profiled several times on the TV show "America's Most Wanted."
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Wife of Indian minister Shashi Tharoor died 'suddenly and unnaturally'
- Augusta murder conviction affirmed
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31