Georgia convict Marcus Tillman arrested in Calif. after 4 years
More from News
- Parents anger after their child is found screaming in 'body bag' restraint at the dentist office
- Strangers catch Sandy Springs women who jumped from burning building
- Police arrest Greg Haney and Ledarrius Jackson in Shooting death of Applebees Manager
- Fifty teenagers storm Georgia Walmart at 2am causing thousands in damage and assaulting an elderly shopper for FUN
- Storm Rips Through Fayette County Destroying Mobile Home Park
Authorities in San Francisco say they have captured a fugitive and convicted child molester who fled his 2009 trial in Georgia.
U.S. Marshal Don O'Keefe said Friday that Marcus Tillman was arrested by marshals and police at a San Francisco coffeehouse Thursday. O'Keefe says Tillman gave officers a fake ID then admitted his identity.
Prosecutors in Georgia say Tillman cut his ankle monitor and fled Forsyth County in February 2009 during his trial for molesting two young male relatives. Tillman was convicted in absentia of child molestation, aggravated sodomy and child cruelty and sentenced to 40 years in prison.
Authorities in California had been seeking him since he accessed a bank account from here in late 2009.
Tillman has been profiled several times on the TV show "America's Most Wanted."