Man Rescued From Rock in Georgia'S Chattahoochee River
More from News
- Fifty teenagers storm Georgia Walmart at 2am causing thousands in damage and assaulting an elderly shopper for FUN
- Storm Rips Through Fayette County Destroying Mobile Home Park
- Rapper Rick Ross arrested after 'kidnapping and pistol-whipping' man working at his $7.5million Georgia mega-mansion
- Surveillance video shows suspect in Applbee's killing
- Stone Mountain mom arrested after leaving toddler in hot car
MARIETTA, Ga. - Authorities say a man has been rescued from a rock in the middle of the Chattahoochee River in Cobb County.
Officials say the 32-year-old man apparently spent Tuesday night on the rock after becoming stranded, likely while tubing the river. Officials say a passer-by heard the man calling for help early Wednesday morning.
Cobb County fire department spokeswoman Denell Boyd said the man was disoriented and didn't know how he got in the river. The man's name has not been released.
Boyd said the man was taken to the hospital but didn't appear to have life-threatening injuries.