Man Rescued From Rock in Georgia'S Chattahoochee River
More from News
- State shuts down The Meliora School for Early Learning Dacula daycare over sex abuse allegations
- Georgia man Christopher Whitmore shoots dead wife and eight-year-old son in gas station forecourt before turning gun on himself
- Cobb County school coach Craig Hines resigns amid hazing allegations
- Teen listening to music hit, killed by train, police say
- Family of toddler maimed by flash grenade in botched drug raid settles for $1million
MARIETTA, Ga. - Authorities say a man has been rescued from a rock in the middle of the Chattahoochee River in Cobb County.
Officials say the 32-year-old man apparently spent Tuesday night on the rock after becoming stranded, likely while tubing the river. Officials say a passer-by heard the man calling for help early Wednesday morning.
Cobb County fire department spokeswoman Denell Boyd said the man was disoriented and didn't know how he got in the river. The man's name has not been released.
Boyd said the man was taken to the hospital but didn't appear to have life-threatening injuries.