Man Rescued From Rock in Georgia'S Chattahoochee River
More from News
- Dashcam video shows plane crashing into I-285 in Atlanta
- East Point man holds suspected carjacker Edgar Horn at gunpoint until police arrive
- Clark Atlanta student Alexis Jones-Rhodes disappears on her way to graduation
- Atlanta passengers escape bus seconds before it gets hit by train
- Mother claims teacher Quinton Wright was fired for letting teens have sex in storage closet
MARIETTA, Ga. - Authorities say a man has been rescued from a rock in the middle of the Chattahoochee River in Cobb County.
Officials say the 32-year-old man apparently spent Tuesday night on the rock after becoming stranded, likely while tubing the river. Officials say a passer-by heard the man calling for help early Wednesday morning.
Cobb County fire department spokeswoman Denell Boyd said the man was disoriented and didn't know how he got in the river. The man's name has not been released.
Boyd said the man was taken to the hospital but didn't appear to have life-threatening injuries.