Man Rescued From Rock in Georgia'S Chattahoochee River
More from News
- Atlanta mom Raven Taylor led police chase with 13-year-old son in the car
- Alpharetta mom Erica Mondor, high on heroin crashes van, kids in backseat
- Woman shot dead at MARTA bus stop in Lithonia robbery identified as Marcaysia Dawkins
- Body of missing Georgia man Andrew Sprinkle found in NC
- Former Atlanta Falcons running back Jamal Anderson arrested for DUI
MARIETTA, Ga. - Authorities say a man has been rescued from a rock in the middle of the Chattahoochee River in Cobb County.
Officials say the 32-year-old man apparently spent Tuesday night on the rock after becoming stranded, likely while tubing the river. Officials say a passer-by heard the man calling for help early Wednesday morning.
Cobb County fire department spokeswoman Denell Boyd said the man was disoriented and didn't know how he got in the river. The man's name has not been released.
Boyd said the man was taken to the hospital but didn't appear to have life-threatening injuries.