Man Rescued From Rock in Georgia'S Chattahoochee River
More from News
- North Forsyth middle school teacher Alisen Nicole Mooney quits after getting busted for drugs
- Mother: Remains found in Floyd County belong to missing daughter Ashley Jones
- GBI: Euharlee police chief Terry Harget, assistant chief Richard Smith arrested
- Special ed teacher Kayla Zittrouer, 22, 'sent lewd pictures to and sexually assaulted her 14-year-old student' after just two months in the job
- Police shoot, kill man in Maserati family IDs as 24-year-old Nicholas Thomas
MARIETTA, Ga. - Authorities say a man has been rescued from a rock in the middle of the Chattahoochee River in Cobb County.
Officials say the 32-year-old man apparently spent Tuesday night on the rock after becoming stranded, likely while tubing the river. Officials say a passer-by heard the man calling for help early Wednesday morning.
Cobb County fire department spokeswoman Denell Boyd said the man was disoriented and didn't know how he got in the river. The man's name has not been released.
Boyd said the man was taken to the hospital but didn't appear to have life-threatening injuries.