29-year-old man from Quitman, Fred Gee, Charged With Killing Girlfriend Julie Samuel
More from News
- Police search for missing Marietta couple Bud and June Runion who left to buy car posted on Craigslist
- Morrow police chief Melvin Douglas, Jr. terminated after less than 5 months on the job
- Atlanta woman Ogunsuyi Olubumi arrested in shooting of big rig driver
- Georgia teacher Elizabeth Scroggs, 32, arrested at high school after police receive anonymous tip that she had a 'sexual relationship' with student
- High school basketball coach Melonie Martin accused of biting fellow coach
Updated 10:30 Monday 11-29
Brooks County Magistrate Court Judge Joyce Miskiel says the appearance for Fred Gee began sometime after 9 Monday morning.
Gee faces charges for murder and a possible charged of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. Bail has not been set for Gee.
QUITMAN, Ga. - A 29-year-old man from Quitman has been arrested in a Thanksgiving Day killing of his girlfriend.
Police said Fred Gee shot 31-year old Julie Samuel inside her home early Thursday morning. He's charged with murder.
One witness told WALB-TV that she heard five gunshots, then heard a car speed away.
Investigators found Gee's truck several hours later in Monticello, Fla. Authorities said Gee was arrested Thursday afternoon. He was being held in the Brooks County Jail.