29-year-old man from Quitman, Fred Gee, Charged With Killing Girlfriend Julie Samuel
More from News
- Special ed teacher Kayla Zittrouer, 22, 'sent lewd pictures to and sexually assaulted her 14-year-old student' after just two months in the job
- Police shoot, kill man in Maserati family IDs as 24-year-old Nicholas Thomas
- Atlanta man Torrance Hambrick given life sentence in Atlanta rape, carjacking
- GA Tech student Clark Jacobs falls out of bed, suffers head injury
- Atlanta Water Department workers Charles Edwards and William Spalding accused of theft
Updated 10:30 Monday 11-29
Brooks County Magistrate Court Judge Joyce Miskiel says the appearance for Fred Gee began sometime after 9 Monday morning.
Gee faces charges for murder and a possible charged of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. Bail has not been set for Gee.
QUITMAN, Ga. - A 29-year-old man from Quitman has been arrested in a Thanksgiving Day killing of his girlfriend.
Police said Fred Gee shot 31-year old Julie Samuel inside her home early Thursday morning. He's charged with murder.
One witness told WALB-TV that she heard five gunshots, then heard a car speed away.
Investigators found Gee's truck several hours later in Monticello, Fla. Authorities said Gee was arrested Thursday afternoon. He was being held in the Brooks County Jail.