29-year-old man from Quitman, Fred Gee, Charged With Killing Girlfriend Julie Samuel
More from News
- Missing Georgia Tech student Kinsey Canova at Grady Hospital
- Police: Naked man Juan Carlos Ramirez arrested for church fire
- Police: Eddie Ball and Ivy Shumake identified as Suspects in DeKalb County officer shooting
- Decatur mom Rockell Coleman charged after 2 sons killed in house fire
- Serial killer Aeman Presley charged with murdering popular hairdresser and two homeless men as they slept
Updated 10:30 Monday 11-29
Brooks County Magistrate Court Judge Joyce Miskiel says the appearance for Fred Gee began sometime after 9 Monday morning.
Gee faces charges for murder and a possible charged of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. Bail has not been set for Gee.
QUITMAN, Ga. - A 29-year-old man from Quitman has been arrested in a Thanksgiving Day killing of his girlfriend.
Police said Fred Gee shot 31-year old Julie Samuel inside her home early Thursday morning. He's charged with murder.
One witness told WALB-TV that she heard five gunshots, then heard a car speed away.
Investigators found Gee's truck several hours later in Monticello, Fla. Authorities said Gee was arrested Thursday afternoon. He was being held in the Brooks County Jail.