Georgia's Most Dangerous Cities
AUGUSTA, Ga. - The CQ Press released FBI based Statistics on the “most dangerous cities” in the country this past Sunday, Nov. 21st and Augusta wasn’t on it.
According to the study Augusta is one of 11 cities that did not provide crime statistics.
The study states that “crime statistics for these cities were unavailable for a number of reasons, ranging from general reporting difficulties and computer issues to changes in reporting systems.”
Georgia "most dangerous" cities on the list include:
Four hundred cities with a population of more than 75,000 are on the list.
The statistics used are from 2009 and include murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary and motor vehicle theft.
There were 26 murders in Augusta in 2009. There have been 37 murders in Augusta as of November 26th, 2010.
Here’s a link to the study.http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2010/City_crime_rate_2010-2011_hightolow.pdf
Here’s a link to the “missing cities” section. http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2010/CityCrimeRankings_MissingCities.pdf
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Oregon woman Joan Zuber has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- Body in burned car identified as Atlanta woman Darla Gibbons
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31