UPDATE: Teen Terry Johnson, Charged In Murder of Shakira Hudson
More from News
- Alpharetta man Cory Ben-Hanania pleads guilty in heroin overdose death
- Gwinnett police arrest alleged sex trafficker Quantavious Lee Jackson
- Missing teens Rebecca Curl and James Bentley believed to be with wanted woman
- Rockdale Co. disabled woman Savannah Gattis missing
- Savannah teen Rachel Pauline Conley charged in fatal crash that killed 3
THOMSON, GEORGIA -- UPDATE: 26 News has learned that a suspect has been charged in the murder of 15-year old Shakira Hudson. We're told Terry Johnson, Jr., 17, has been charged with Malice Murder. He's being held at the McDuffie County Jail.
Family members tell us, Johnson and Hudson dated on and off. They tell us that he was seen with Hudson outside of her home Thursday night.
The sheriff's office got a call Friday morning around 10 o'clock that someone had found a body at the Washington Place Apartments on the 500 block Old Washington Road. We're told the tip came from school.
Investigators aren't releasing how Hudson was killed. Autopsy results are pending.
The McDuffie County Sheriff's Office, GBI, Georgia State Patrol, Thomson Police Department and District Attorney Dennis Sanders are all on scene. They ask if you have any information about this crime you call the McDuffie County Sheriff's Office at (706)595-2145. This is the 3rd homicide in McDuffie County this year. All three of those murders happened this month.
UPDATE Release from McDuffie County Schools: I understand that rumors are flying everywhere regarding a possible incident with at least one of our high school students. Nothing has yet been confirmed through law enforcement. However, the probability of at least some of these rumors may ultimately prove to be true. The facts are still being investigated by law enforcement. The facts that are currently available to school officials include:
1) A fatality of one Thomson High School student has occurred.
2) The incident did not occur on any school property and it likely took place some time last night or early morning.
Counselors are available at Thomson High School for those who need to seek assistance. Any student who wants to check out of school may do so with their parent's permission.
I understand the eagerness of the media to want to obtain a story. However, the school system will not comment any further and we will rely on the law enforcement officials to perform their duties and share details at the appropriate time.
JL LeBrun, Superintendent McDuffie County Schools