Decatur Man Kenyata Mondrell Bryant, Sentenced For Poisoning Dog
DECATUR, Ga. - A 36-year-old DeKalb County man Kenyata Mondrell Bryant has been sentenced to spend two years in prison for poisoning his neighbor's dog with antifreeze.
The DeKalb County district attorney's ofice says Kenyata Mondrell Bryant was convicted Wednesday of aggravated cruelty to animals in the death of a 9-year-old Lab-Dalmatian mix.
Erik Burton, spokesman for District Attorney Robert James, says Bryant was accused of enticing the dog last year with a bowl filled with chicken bones and cornbread that was laced with antifreeze.
Burton says Bryant was sentenced to five years, two of which he will spend in custody. He was also ordered to pay the veterinarian bills and is forbidden from further contact with the dog's family.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Oregon woman Joan Zuber has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- Wife of Indian minister Shashi Tharoor died 'suddenly and unnaturally'
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31