Snow Forecast For North Georgia
More from News
- Teenager Rasheedah Evans, 16, is shot dead by stray bullet through the wall while watching a movie at home on July 4
- Celebration ends in gunfire, leaving Atlanta man Stephen Murphy dead
- Parents anger after their child is found screaming in 'body bag' restraint at the dentist office
- Strangers catch Sandy Springs women who jumped from burning building
- Police arrest Greg Haney and Ledarrius Jackson in Shooting death of Applebees Manager
ATLANTA - An arctic front is bringing light snow to parts of northern Georgia and forecasters say up to an inch could accumulate in the moutains.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for the north Georgia mountains from Sunday afternoon until 7 a.m. Monday.
The weather service says there's an 80 percent chance of snow in some of Georgia's northernmost counties, which could see up to an inch of frozen flakes on the ground.
The forecast calls for a 20 percent chance of snow in metro Atlanta on Sunday afternoon and overnight, when temperatures could drop to 20 degrees.