Snow Forecast For North Georgia
More from News
- Shooting in DeKalb County leaves one dead, three wounded
- Macon woman Martha Ard trying to cross street is struck by car, killed
- Court reporters Tammy Stine, Kimberly Probst and Betty Petersen sentenced after manipulating transcripts to make more money
- Atlanta Hawks to help couple Allison and Brandon Murphy who found out their tickets were not valid
- Couple says StubHub canceled $22 Hawks tickets, said they were too cheap
ATLANTA - An arctic front is bringing light snow to parts of northern Georgia and forecasters say up to an inch could accumulate in the moutains.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for the north Georgia mountains from Sunday afternoon until 7 a.m. Monday.
The weather service says there's an 80 percent chance of snow in some of Georgia's northernmost counties, which could see up to an inch of frozen flakes on the ground.
The forecast calls for a 20 percent chance of snow in metro Atlanta on Sunday afternoon and overnight, when temperatures could drop to 20 degrees.