Snow Forecast For North Georgia
More from News
- Active duty sergeant Atting Eminue killed while trying to help homeless
- Officer, homeowner shot when police respond to wrong house
- Flesh-eating bacteria victim Aimee Copeland has custom van stolen
- Braves players, broadcasters and execs react to fatal Turner Field fall
- Atlanta Braves fan Gregory Murrey dies after falling from upper deck at game
ATLANTA - An arctic front is bringing light snow to parts of northern Georgia and forecasters say up to an inch could accumulate in the moutains.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for the north Georgia mountains from Sunday afternoon until 7 a.m. Monday.
The weather service says there's an 80 percent chance of snow in some of Georgia's northernmost counties, which could see up to an inch of frozen flakes on the ground.
The forecast calls for a 20 percent chance of snow in metro Atlanta on Sunday afternoon and overnight, when temperatures could drop to 20 degrees.