Snow Forecast For North Georgia
More from News
- Former Atlanta cop Maurice Dodd uses police-issued gun to rob bank, shoot himself
- Gwinnett mom Teila Williams arrested after mysterious death of baby, injuries to twin
- DeKalb judge's son Byron Scott charged in assault of mom, daughter
- Covington woman Neece Francis charged with DUI, accused of driving wrong way on I-20
- Rapper William McCray arrested for sex trafficking brags about making illegal money
ATLANTA - An arctic front is bringing light snow to parts of northern Georgia and forecasters say up to an inch could accumulate in the moutains.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for the north Georgia mountains from Sunday afternoon until 7 a.m. Monday.
The weather service says there's an 80 percent chance of snow in some of Georgia's northernmost counties, which could see up to an inch of frozen flakes on the ground.
The forecast calls for a 20 percent chance of snow in metro Atlanta on Sunday afternoon and overnight, when temperatures could drop to 20 degrees.