Snow Forecast For North Georgia
More from News
- North Forsyth middle school teacher Alisen Nicole Mooney quits after getting busted for drugs
- Mother: Remains found in Floyd County belong to missing daughter Ashley Jones
- GBI: Euharlee police chief Terry Harget, assistant chief Richard Smith arrested
- Special ed teacher Kayla Zittrouer, 22, 'sent lewd pictures to and sexually assaulted her 14-year-old student' after just two months in the job
- Police shoot, kill man in Maserati family IDs as 24-year-old Nicholas Thomas
ATLANTA - An arctic front is bringing light snow to parts of northern Georgia and forecasters say up to an inch could accumulate in the moutains.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for the north Georgia mountains from Sunday afternoon until 7 a.m. Monday.
The weather service says there's an 80 percent chance of snow in some of Georgia's northernmost counties, which could see up to an inch of frozen flakes on the ground.
The forecast calls for a 20 percent chance of snow in metro Atlanta on Sunday afternoon and overnight, when temperatures could drop to 20 degrees.