Single-Digit Wind Chill Grips metro Atlanta and north Georgia
ATLANTA, Ga. - People across metro Atlanta and north Georgia woke up to wind chill readings in the single digits on Tuesday, said Severe Weather Team 2 meteorologist Karen Minton.
In the city of Atlanta, Minton said the temperature was 15 degrees just before 7 a.m., but the wind chill reading was 0.
Minton was monitoring whether the temperature across metro Atlanta would set a record, but so far, the temperature in Atlanta matched the record low for the date set in 1917.
Some schools, government offices and businesses were either closed or delayed Tuesday due to the deep freeze and the possibility of slick roads.
And just when you thought the rain, sleet and snow was gone -- Minton said more wet stuff appears to be on the way.
"We might see a mix of precipitation on Wednesday," said Minton.
The wintry weather has posed a challenge for firefighters, as heavy winds have downed trees and left some Georgia residents without power.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Wife of Indian minister Shashi Tharoor died 'suddenly and unnaturally'
- Oregon woman Joan Zuber has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31