Ex-Atlanta cop Lucius T. Solomon III sentenced to 12 years in prison
More from News
- Deputies search for man Rockwell Serrabo accused of killing wife
- Repo man Tracey Ford accused of stealing 60 cars across metro Atlanta
- Georgia mom Julie Giles arrested, shackled over son's unexcused school absences
- Atlanta woman Lauren Lamar on a boating trip in Miami disappears
- Dashcam video shows plane crashing into I-285 in Atlanta
ATLANTA — A former Atlanta police officer was sentenced to 12 years in prison on corruption and drug charges.
Lucius T. Solomon III was also sentenced to five years of supervised release and 200 hours of community service on charges that he took $2,000 payments three separate times in 2009 and 2010 to protect drug dealers.
He pleaded guilty to the charges in September.
Solomon, 32, was a nine-year veteran of the Atlanta department.
Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said Solomon's sentencing "sends a strong message to those who would stray from their mission to uphold and enforce the law."