Ex-Atlanta cop Lucius T. Solomon III sentenced to 12 years in prison
More from News
- Double-homicide in Cobb County, Dustin Ray Dixon arrested
- Police seek man who killed stepson Andres Arias during arguement
- Georgia sheriff posts ‘politically incorrect’ welcome sign
- Missing Teen Shaundrea Houston and Daughter Found Safe
- ‘Car surfing’ teen Alex Desalis dies after falling off Jeep, getting run over
ATLANTA — A former Atlanta police officer was sentenced to 12 years in prison on corruption and drug charges.
Lucius T. Solomon III was also sentenced to five years of supervised release and 200 hours of community service on charges that he took $2,000 payments three separate times in 2009 and 2010 to protect drug dealers.
He pleaded guilty to the charges in September.
Solomon, 32, was a nine-year veteran of the Atlanta department.
Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said Solomon's sentencing "sends a strong message to those who would stray from their mission to uphold and enforce the law."