Ex-Atlanta cop Lucius T. Solomon III sentenced to 12 years in prison
More from News
- Atlanta Hawks player Mike Scott arrested on drug charges
- Norcross murder-suicide victims identified as 49-year-old Glenda Nguyen and and 45-year-old Hoang Nguyen
- Marietta Police dress up as construction workers to catch distracted drivers
- Elderly woman Mildred Martin shot, killed while playing cards on porch
- Motorcyclist Scott Moseley killed in Gwinnett hit and run accident
ATLANTA — A former Atlanta police officer was sentenced to 12 years in prison on corruption and drug charges.
Lucius T. Solomon III was also sentenced to five years of supervised release and 200 hours of community service on charges that he took $2,000 payments three separate times in 2009 and 2010 to protect drug dealers.
He pleaded guilty to the charges in September.
Solomon, 32, was a nine-year veteran of the Atlanta department.
Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said Solomon's sentencing "sends a strong message to those who would stray from their mission to uphold and enforce the law."