Forsyth County Woman Jill Smith Charged With Setting Fire That Killed Husband
More from News
- The horrific moment Atlanta woman Myriah Pointer is brutally beaten unconscious 'by her so-called best friends over a HAMBURGER'
- Police: Gwinnett woman Luciana Vonberman uses purse to steal 6 lobsters
- Police: Couple Katrina Norman and Louis Cope left baby alone in van to go have sex
- Habersham Sheriff Joey Terrell, deputy Bill Zigan shot responding to domestic call
- Ex-Ga. girls' track coach Ryne Thackston sentenced for sexting student
CUMMING, Ga. - A Forsyth County woman has been charged with setting a fatal house fire that killed her husband.
Authorities charged 34-year-old Jill Smith and her "acquaintance" Peter Delaney with first degree arson and felony murder in the Oct. 22 fire that killed 37-year-old Mike Smith.
Forsyth County Fire Capt. Jason Shivers said the fire orginated in the master bedroom Smith shared with his wife. Shivers said he was rescued in the adjoining bathroom and transported to a local hospital but died hours later.