Forsyth County Woman Jill Smith Charged With Setting Fire That Killed Husband
More from News
- Former Atlanta cop Maurice Dodd uses police-issued gun to rob bank, shoot himself
- Gwinnett mom Teila Williams arrested after mysterious death of baby, injuries to twin
- DeKalb judge's son Byron Scott charged in assault of mom, daughter
- Covington woman Neece Francis charged with DUI, accused of driving wrong way on I-20
- Rapper William McCray arrested for sex trafficking brags about making illegal money
CUMMING, Ga. - A Forsyth County woman has been charged with setting a fatal house fire that killed her husband.
Authorities charged 34-year-old Jill Smith and her "acquaintance" Peter Delaney with first degree arson and felony murder in the Oct. 22 fire that killed 37-year-old Mike Smith.
Forsyth County Fire Capt. Jason Shivers said the fire orginated in the master bedroom Smith shared with his wife. Shivers said he was rescued in the adjoining bathroom and transported to a local hospital but died hours later.