Forsyth County Woman Jill Smith Charged With Setting Fire That Killed Husband
More from News
- Columbus woman Nicole Elliot adopts dying dog so they can make the most of his final days
- Augusta woman Tabathia Lee Grooms attacks mom, boyfriend for refusing sex
- MARTA Police seek leads in sex assault near the Indian Creek transit station
- FBI agent Nena R. Harris victim of murder-suicide in Chamblee
- Police: Fulton Co. judge Karen Woodson carjacked at gunpoint
CUMMING, Ga. - A Forsyth County woman has been charged with setting a fatal house fire that killed her husband.
Authorities charged 34-year-old Jill Smith and her "acquaintance" Peter Delaney with first degree arson and felony murder in the Oct. 22 fire that killed 37-year-old Mike Smith.
Forsyth County Fire Capt. Jason Shivers said the fire orginated in the master bedroom Smith shared with his wife. Shivers said he was rescued in the adjoining bathroom and transported to a local hospital but died hours later.