Forsyth County Woman Jill Smith Charged With Setting Fire That Killed Husband
More from News
- Atlanta cheating scandal teachers in cuffs: Eleven face up to 20 years in prison for inflating students' test scores to secure funding
- Mother Wants Answers After Picture Of Her Beaten Son Cortez Berry In Prison Goes Viral!
- Carjacking suspect Anthony Stokes dies after chase, striking pedestrian Clementina Hernandez
- North Forsyth middle school teacher Alisen Nicole Mooney quits after getting busted for drugs
- Mother: Remains found in Floyd County belong to missing daughter Ashley Jones
CUMMING, Ga. - A Forsyth County woman has been charged with setting a fatal house fire that killed her husband.
Authorities charged 34-year-old Jill Smith and her "acquaintance" Peter Delaney with first degree arson and felony murder in the Oct. 22 fire that killed 37-year-old Mike Smith.
Forsyth County Fire Capt. Jason Shivers said the fire orginated in the master bedroom Smith shared with his wife. Shivers said he was rescued in the adjoining bathroom and transported to a local hospital but died hours later.