Forsyth County Woman Jill Smith Charged With Setting Fire That Killed Husband
More from News
- Police find bodies of missing car-buying couple Bud Runion and his wife, June Runion
- Ronnie "Jay" Towns identified as suspect in the disappearance of Cobb County couple
- Police search for missing Marietta couple Bud and June Runion who left to buy car posted on Craigslist
- Morrow police chief Melvin Douglas, Jr. terminated after less than 5 months on the job
- Atlanta woman Ogunsuyi Olubumi arrested in shooting of big rig driver
CUMMING, Ga. - A Forsyth County woman has been charged with setting a fatal house fire that killed her husband.
Authorities charged 34-year-old Jill Smith and her "acquaintance" Peter Delaney with first degree arson and felony murder in the Oct. 22 fire that killed 37-year-old Mike Smith.
Forsyth County Fire Capt. Jason Shivers said the fire orginated in the master bedroom Smith shared with his wife. Shivers said he was rescued in the adjoining bathroom and transported to a local hospital but died hours later.