Springfield Man Philip Craig Heidt to be Sentenced For Family Killings
More from News
- Elderly woman Mildred Martin shot, killed while playing cards on porch
- Motorcyclist Scott Moseley killed in Gwinnett hit and run accident
- Police search for couple Candice Reynolds and Kenneth Starks believed to be behind vicious attack
- Former Georgia kennel owner Leslie Ayo sentenced for cutting puppies’ tails off
- Police search for office manager Arica Cameron accused of stealing thousands from dentist
SPRINGFIELD, Ga. - A sentencing date has been set for an Effingham County man found guilty of murdering his father and brother.
Superior Court Judge F. Gates Peed will sentence 42-year-old Philip Craig Heidt on Jan. 6 on an 11-count conviction jurors handed down on Dec. 9.
Heidt was found guilty of shooting to death his father, 59-year-old Philip Martin Heidt, and brother, 32-year-old Carey Albert Heidt, and for wounding his mother, Linda Heidt, in the early morning hours of Aug. 25, 2008, at the family home.
Jurors also found Craig Heidt guilty of two counts of aggravated assault and one count of aggravated battery for the shotgun attack on his mother, two counts of burglary, attempt to commit arson and three firearm possession charges.