Springfield Man Philip Craig Heidt to be Sentenced For Family Killings
More from News
- Alpharetta man Cory Ben-Hanania pleads guilty in heroin overdose death
- Gwinnett police arrest alleged sex trafficker Quantavious Lee Jackson
- Missing teens Rebecca Curl and James Bentley believed to be with wanted woman
- Rockdale Co. disabled woman Savannah Gattis missing
- Savannah teen Rachel Pauline Conley charged in fatal crash that killed 3
SPRINGFIELD, Ga. - A sentencing date has been set for an Effingham County man found guilty of murdering his father and brother.
Superior Court Judge F. Gates Peed will sentence 42-year-old Philip Craig Heidt on Jan. 6 on an 11-count conviction jurors handed down on Dec. 9.
Heidt was found guilty of shooting to death his father, 59-year-old Philip Martin Heidt, and brother, 32-year-old Carey Albert Heidt, and for wounding his mother, Linda Heidt, in the early morning hours of Aug. 25, 2008, at the family home.
Jurors also found Craig Heidt guilty of two counts of aggravated assault and one count of aggravated battery for the shotgun attack on his mother, two counts of burglary, attempt to commit arson and three firearm possession charges.