Springfield Man Philip Craig Heidt to be Sentenced For Family Killings
SPRINGFIELD, Ga. - A sentencing date has been set for an Effingham County man found guilty of murdering his father and brother.
Superior Court Judge F. Gates Peed will sentence 42-year-old Philip Craig Heidt on Jan. 6 on an 11-count conviction jurors handed down on Dec. 9.
Heidt was found guilty of shooting to death his father, 59-year-old Philip Martin Heidt, and brother, 32-year-old Carey Albert Heidt, and for wounding his mother, Linda Heidt, in the early morning hours of Aug. 25, 2008, at the family home.
Jurors also found Craig Heidt guilty of two counts of aggravated assault and one count of aggravated battery for the shotgun attack on his mother, two counts of burglary, attempt to commit arson and three firearm possession charges.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- Flight Attendant Jaclyn Luby Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security
- Photo shows Boston Bomber widow Katherine Russell after her arrest for shoplifting from Old Navy in 2007
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31