Tyler Perry Home Break-In Suspect Kamisha Boozer Faces Judge
More from News
- Police looking for pregnant, cape-wearing robbery suspect
- Teen sisters Faith English, Kayla English missing from McDonough
- Texas nurse Amber Vinson released from Emory following Ebola treatment
- Investment adviser Aubrey Lee Price sentenced to 30 years in prison
- Atlanta woman Dorothy McGlarthery arrested for stealing federal agent's gun
ATLANTA - Seventeen-year-old Kamisha Boozer appeared in court Thursday morning on charges of prowling and criminal trespass at the home of media mogul Tyler Perry.
A public defender told the judge that Boozer said she wasn’t actually there during the incident and that another defendant gave her name to authorities.
Atlanta police arrested 18-year-old Chloe Ware. She was charged and released. Authorities said they were looking for a third teen.
Perry took to his online message board to vent about the attempted break-in at his Buckhead mansion. It happened in the days leading up to Christmas.
The judge granted Boozer $1,000 bond for each count.
The public defender said Boozer is a teen mother and a senior at Grady High School.
The judge ordered Boozer to say away from the victim’s house.