Craig Heidt Gets Life For Family Slayings
SPRINGFIELD, Ga. -- A Georgia man convicted of killing his brother and father with a shotgun has been sentenced to life in prison by an Effingham County judge.
Craig Heidt of Springfield sat quietly in the courtroom Thursday as he was sentenced by Superior Court Judge F. Gates Peed. Heidt received two life sentences - one for each death - and an additional 85 years in prison for other crimes, including aggravated battery for shooting his mother in the face.
A jury convicted 42-year-old Heidt of murder last month in the 2008 slayings of his father, real estate developer Philip Heidt, and his 32-year-old brother, Carey Heidt.
Prosecutors said the killings resulted from a family feud over an affair between the defendant and his brother's wife.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Wife of Indian minister Shashi Tharoor died 'suddenly and unnaturally'
- Jealous woman Giselle Esteban jailed for 25 years after murdering her best friend 'in cold blood' over love rival
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31