J.C. Penney to close Ga. stores in Duluth, Morrow
ATLANTA -- JCPenney announced on Monday it is closing two underperforming locations in metro Atlanta.
The retailer is closing a location in Morrow and a JCPenney Home Store in Duluth, along with four other locations in other states.
A spokesman said the business moves also include winding down its catalog and outlet operations and streamlining its call center operations.
“It is always difficult to make decisions that impact our associates, and we are committed to treating them fairly,” said CEO Myron Ullman.
JCPenney operates more than 1,000 stores across the United States, including 16 stores in metro Atlanta.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
A deputy is out of jail after police say he drove drunk and crashed into a state trooper. Now an internal investigation is under way. Riverdale ... Full story
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31