J.C. Penney to close Ga. stores in Duluth, Morrow
More from News
- Double-homicide in Cobb County, Dustin Ray Dixon arrested
- Police seek man who killed stepson Andres Arias during arguement
- Georgia sheriff posts ‘politically incorrect’ welcome sign
- Missing Teen Shaundrea Houston and Daughter Found Safe
- ‘Car surfing’ teen Alex Desalis dies after falling off Jeep, getting run over
ATLANTA -- JCPenney announced on Monday it is closing two underperforming locations in metro Atlanta.
The retailer is closing a location in Morrow and a JCPenney Home Store in Duluth, along with four other locations in other states.
A spokesman said the business moves also include winding down its catalog and outlet operations and streamlining its call center operations.
“It is always difficult to make decisions that impact our associates, and we are committed to treating them fairly,” said CEO Myron Ullman.
JCPenney operates more than 1,000 stores across the United States, including 16 stores in metro Atlanta.