DeKalb Co. prosecutor Wystan Getz on leave after DUI arrest
More from News
- Officer, homeowner shot when police respond to wrong house
- Flesh-eating bacteria victim Aimee Copeland has custom van stolen
- Braves players, broadcasters and execs react to fatal Turner Field fall
- Atlanta Braves fan Gregory Murrey dies after falling from upper deck at game
- Police: Athens woman Haley Hill dies after former boyfriend shot her during rampage
ATLANTA -- A DeKalb County prosecutor has been placed on leave following his arrest for driving under the influence.
The DeKalb Solicitor-General's office said Assistant Solicitor Wystan Getz was arrested this weekend. Police did not immediately release a report describing his arrest.
Solicitor's office spokeswoman Emily Gest said the prosecutor was placed on administrative leave without pay Monday pending the outcome of an internal probe. The state attorney general's office will prosecute the case to prevent a conflict of interest.
A phone listing for Getz could not be located.