DeKalb Co. prosecutor Wystan Getz on leave after DUI arrest
More from News
- Mother: Remains found in Floyd County belong to missing daughter Ashley Jones
- GBI: Euharlee police chief Terry Harget, assistant chief Richard Smith arrested
- Special ed teacher Kayla Zittrouer, 22, 'sent lewd pictures to and sexually assaulted her 14-year-old student' after just two months in the job
- Police shoot, kill man in Maserati family IDs as 24-year-old Nicholas Thomas
- Atlanta man Torrance Hambrick given life sentence in Atlanta rape, carjacking
ATLANTA -- A DeKalb County prosecutor has been placed on leave following his arrest for driving under the influence.
The DeKalb Solicitor-General's office said Assistant Solicitor Wystan Getz was arrested this weekend. Police did not immediately release a report describing his arrest.
Solicitor's office spokeswoman Emily Gest said the prosecutor was placed on administrative leave without pay Monday pending the outcome of an internal probe. The state attorney general's office will prosecute the case to prevent a conflict of interest.
A phone listing for Getz could not be located.