Emmanuel Hammond Executed For 1988 Killing Of Teacher Julie Love
More from News
- Parents anger after their child is found screaming in 'body bag' restraint at the dentist office
- Strangers catch Sandy Springs women who jumped from burning building
- Police arrest Greg Haney and Ledarrius Jackson in Shooting death of Applebees Manager
- Fifty teenagers storm Georgia Walmart at 2am causing thousands in damage and assaulting an elderly shopper for FUN
- Storm Rips Through Fayette County Destroying Mobile Home Park
JACKSON, Ga. -- A Georgia man convicted of killing an Atlanta preschool teacher more than two decades ago has been executed by state corrections officials.
Emmanuel Hammond was put to death by injection Tuesday at the state prison in Jackson after state and federal courts turned down his appeals. The 45-year-old was pronounced dead at 11:39 p.m.
Hammond was convicted of the 1988 murder of 27-year-old Julie Love, who was abducted in north Atlanta after her car ran out of gas.
Prosecutors say Love was beaten and raped before Hammond took her into the woods, shot her to death and dumped her body into a trash pile.
Investigators didn't find her body until August 1989, when Hammond's girlfriend told police he was responsible for her disappearance.