Heritage High School Student Ashley Ward Arrested, Confesses To Pepper Spray Prank
CONYERS, Ga. -- A 17-year-old Heritage High School student told Channel 2's GA Daily News that she released pepper spray in the hallway, causing an evacuation of the school.
“It was a prank,” Ashley Ward said.
But school officials said it was no laughing matter.
Ward was arrested on charges of disrupting a public school and reckless conduct. She appeared in court Friday to face the charges and spoke to Jones shortly thereafter.
The school district has also suspended Ward for 10 days pending a tribunal.
On Wednesday, school officials reported a chemical release that caused havoc at the Conyers high school. Students were left coughing and covering their faces after someone dispersed pepper spray in the hallway, school officials said.
News Chopper 2 flew over the scene as emergency crews arrived.
Deputies said Ward was caught on surveillance video leaving class to spray the hallways. Ward told them she found the spray in a locker, authorities said.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Oregon woman Joan Zuber has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- Levi's and GAP are losing profits to yogas pants brand Lululemon
- Jealous woman Giselle Esteban jailed for 25 years after murdering her best friend 'in cold blood' over love rival
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31