Police: Two Dead In Acworth House Fire
More from News
- North Forsyth middle school teacher Alisen Nicole Mooney quits after getting busted for drugs
- Mother: Remains found in Floyd County belong to missing daughter Ashley Jones
- GBI: Euharlee police chief Terry Harget, assistant chief Richard Smith arrested
- Special ed teacher Kayla Zittrouer, 22, 'sent lewd pictures to and sexually assaulted her 14-year-old student' after just two months in the job
- Police shoot, kill man in Maserati family IDs as 24-year-old Nicholas Thomas
ACWORTH, Ga. -- Firefighters found two bodies inside a burned home in Cobb County Sunday morning.
The home is located on North Bend Way in Acworth. Investigators told GA Daily News reporter Rebecca Lindstrom the home caught fire just after midnight.
One neighbor said he just assumed the fire was a simple chimney fire.
"We just stayed out of the way and let the officers do their work, and pretty much wanted to find out what happened," neighbor Mark Rimbert said. "We were concerned about the people inside."
He never imagined that firefighters would find two dead people inside.
Acworth police found a man and a woman. They were in different rooms. The police said the two were related, but they are not releasing their names at this point. Officers were treating the deaths as suspicious.
"We've done our cursory walk through and investigation and now, as we speak, (investigators are) meticulously going through the scene to start gathering evidence," Maj. Wayne Dennard from the Acworth Police Department said.
Police called out the Cobb County mobile unit to give investigators a place to work. Lindstrom noted that's a sign police were going to be at the scene throughout the morning.