Hairdressers Whitney Mooney, Nikki Coker Accused Of Burglarizing Clients' Homes
ATHENS, Ga. -- Two hairdressers are accused of breaking into the homes of their customers and friends, and making off with nearly $500,000 in gold and jewelry, authorities said.
Whitney Hope Mooney, 26, and Nikki M. Coker, 35, both of Elberton, were arrested Feb. 9 and charged with burglary.
Investigators with the Elbert County Sheriff's Office said the pair sometimes struck when people were away at Sunday church services.
The hairdressers specialized in hard-to-trace gold and jewelry, investigator David Cleveland said. The duo would go straight to locations where jewelry would be typically kept, authorities said. Nothing else was taken. Guns and electronics were ignored, investigators said.
The string of burglaries occurred over a period of several months, authorities said.
Authorities said the pair pawned the stolen items in Athens, Crawford and Anderson, S.C.
Cleveland said the jewelry included heirloom pieces that belonged to victims' mothers or grandmothers.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Folding Manhattan studio apartment that turns into a four-bedroom unit
- Oregon woman Joan Zuber has hand and part of arm amputated after it was caught in the hood of her truck
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31