Three Killed in Newton County Car Crash
More from News
- The horrific moment Atlanta woman Myriah Pointer is brutally beaten unconscious 'by her so-called best friends over a HAMBURGER'
- Police: Gwinnett woman Luciana Vonberman uses purse to steal 6 lobsters
- Police: Couple Katrina Norman and Louis Cope left baby alone in van to go have sex
- Habersham Sheriff Joey Terrell, deputy Bill Zigan shot responding to domestic call
- Ex-Ga. girls' track coach Ryne Thackston sentenced for sexting student
COVINGTON, Ga. -- Three people died in a crash on a Covington highway Friday evening. The crash happened just before 8:30 p.m. on Highway 36 just south of Piper Road, Newton County Sheriff’s Lt. Mark Mitchell said.
According to the Georgia State Patrol, the driver of a Pontiac Grand Am pulled out of a business driveway onto Ga 36 into the path of a pickup truck. The Pontiac's driver, 22-year-old Tesha Barrington, and two of her passengers were killed in the crash, GSP said. The passengers have been identified as Lori Renee Crawford, 36, and her 16-year-old daughter Sierra Sky Fletcher.
Two surviving passengers, including Barrington’s 2-year-old son, were treated at area hospitals for non-life-threatening injuries.
The pickup driver, Jeffrey Gabriel Day, 18, was treated at the scene.