Three Killed in Newton County Car Crash
More from News
- Macon woman Martha Ard trying to cross street is struck by car, killed
- Court reporters Tammy Stine, Kimberly Probst and Betty Petersen sentenced after manipulating transcripts to make more money
- Atlanta Hawks to help couple Allison and Brandon Murphy who found out their tickets were not valid
- Couple says StubHub canceled $22 Hawks tickets, said they were too cheap
- Police say Marietta couple Bud and June Runion shot in the head, suspect charged with murder
COVINGTON, Ga. -- Three people died in a crash on a Covington highway Friday evening. The crash happened just before 8:30 p.m. on Highway 36 just south of Piper Road, Newton County Sheriff’s Lt. Mark Mitchell said.
According to the Georgia State Patrol, the driver of a Pontiac Grand Am pulled out of a business driveway onto Ga 36 into the path of a pickup truck. The Pontiac's driver, 22-year-old Tesha Barrington, and two of her passengers were killed in the crash, GSP said. The passengers have been identified as Lori Renee Crawford, 36, and her 16-year-old daughter Sierra Sky Fletcher.
Two surviving passengers, including Barrington’s 2-year-old son, were treated at area hospitals for non-life-threatening injuries.
The pickup driver, Jeffrey Gabriel Day, 18, was treated at the scene.