Three Killed in Newton County Car Crash
More from News
- Atlanta mom Raven Taylor led police chase with 13-year-old son in the car
- Alpharetta mom Erica Mondor, high on heroin crashes van, kids in backseat
- Woman shot dead at MARTA bus stop in Lithonia robbery identified as Marcaysia Dawkins
- Body of missing Georgia man Andrew Sprinkle found in NC
- Former Atlanta Falcons running back Jamal Anderson arrested for DUI
COVINGTON, Ga. -- Three people died in a crash on a Covington highway Friday evening. The crash happened just before 8:30 p.m. on Highway 36 just south of Piper Road, Newton County Sheriff’s Lt. Mark Mitchell said.
According to the Georgia State Patrol, the driver of a Pontiac Grand Am pulled out of a business driveway onto Ga 36 into the path of a pickup truck. The Pontiac's driver, 22-year-old Tesha Barrington, and two of her passengers were killed in the crash, GSP said. The passengers have been identified as Lori Renee Crawford, 36, and her 16-year-old daughter Sierra Sky Fletcher.
Two surviving passengers, including Barrington’s 2-year-old son, were treated at area hospitals for non-life-threatening injuries.
The pickup driver, Jeffrey Gabriel Day, 18, was treated at the scene.