Three Killed in Newton County Car Crash
More from News
- Repo man Tracey Ford accused of stealing 60 cars across metro Atlanta
- Georgia mom Julie Giles arrested, shackled over son's unexcused school absences
- Atlanta woman Lauren Lamar on a boating trip in Miami disappears
- Dashcam video shows plane crashing into I-285 in Atlanta
- East Point man holds suspected carjacker Edgar Horn at gunpoint until police arrive
COVINGTON, Ga. -- Three people died in a crash on a Covington highway Friday evening. The crash happened just before 8:30 p.m. on Highway 36 just south of Piper Road, Newton County Sheriff’s Lt. Mark Mitchell said.
According to the Georgia State Patrol, the driver of a Pontiac Grand Am pulled out of a business driveway onto Ga 36 into the path of a pickup truck. The Pontiac's driver, 22-year-old Tesha Barrington, and two of her passengers were killed in the crash, GSP said. The passengers have been identified as Lori Renee Crawford, 36, and her 16-year-old daughter Sierra Sky Fletcher.
Two surviving passengers, including Barrington’s 2-year-old son, were treated at area hospitals for non-life-threatening injuries.
The pickup driver, Jeffrey Gabriel Day, 18, was treated at the scene.