Three Killed in Newton County Car Crash
More from News
- Georgia sheriff posts ‘politically incorrect’ welcome sign
- Missing Teen Shaundrea Houston and Daughter Found Safe
- ‘Car surfing’ teen Alex Desalis dies after falling off Jeep, getting run over
- Poice arrest Brandon Smith and Stephanie Rodriguez in Tennessee for running over, killing woman at local Walmart
- Teen brothers Alexander Trimble and William Trimble killed in Jefferson car accident
COVINGTON, Ga. -- Three people died in a crash on a Covington highway Friday evening. The crash happened just before 8:30 p.m. on Highway 36 just south of Piper Road, Newton County Sheriff’s Lt. Mark Mitchell said.
According to the Georgia State Patrol, the driver of a Pontiac Grand Am pulled out of a business driveway onto Ga 36 into the path of a pickup truck. The Pontiac's driver, 22-year-old Tesha Barrington, and two of her passengers were killed in the crash, GSP said. The passengers have been identified as Lori Renee Crawford, 36, and her 16-year-old daughter Sierra Sky Fletcher.
Two surviving passengers, including Barrington’s 2-year-old son, were treated at area hospitals for non-life-threatening injuries.
The pickup driver, Jeffrey Gabriel Day, 18, was treated at the scene.