Three Killed in Newton County Car Crash
More from News
- Police: Athens woman Haley Hill dies after former boyfriend shot her during rampage
- Student Christopher Starks dies after shooting on Savannah State campus
- Jackson County man Marty Rogers charged after dog tests positive for meth
- Atlanta man Willie Kirkpatrick shot, killed in barber shop parking lot
- HIV positive man Jason Alexander Young charged with reckless conduct
COVINGTON, Ga. -- Three people died in a crash on a Covington highway Friday evening. The crash happened just before 8:30 p.m. on Highway 36 just south of Piper Road, Newton County Sheriff’s Lt. Mark Mitchell said.
According to the Georgia State Patrol, the driver of a Pontiac Grand Am pulled out of a business driveway onto Ga 36 into the path of a pickup truck. The Pontiac's driver, 22-year-old Tesha Barrington, and two of her passengers were killed in the crash, GSP said. The passengers have been identified as Lori Renee Crawford, 36, and her 16-year-old daughter Sierra Sky Fletcher.
Two surviving passengers, including Barrington’s 2-year-old son, were treated at area hospitals for non-life-threatening injuries.
The pickup driver, Jeffrey Gabriel Day, 18, was treated at the scene.