Ex-DeKalb Asst. Prinicipal Derrick Wooten Accused of Fraud
DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. - An arrest warrant was issued for a former assistant principal at Stoneview Elementary School in DeKalb County. The district attorney said Tuesday that Derrick Wooten forced teachers to change attendance records in order to help the school make Adequate Yearly Progress goals.
Wooten is accused of instructing his teachers to alter the data in a computer network that basically referenced attendance records in December of 2010 and January of 2011.
The DeKalb County district attorney said four of the eight teachers Wooten allegedly approached refused to change attendance records.
DeKalb County school officials said they brought the matter to the district attorney's attention and will continue to cooperate with the investigation.
Georgia NewsGet the latest Georgia news, sports, weather, entertainment, business & political news and more from Georgia Newsday.
Rate this article
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- QVC queen Lisa Robertson lives in fear after having FOUR stalkers
- Jealous woman Giselle Esteban jailed for 25 years after murdering her best friend 'in cold blood' over love rival
- Beaten, starved, gang-raped and 'forced to give birth': Nigel Brennan and Amanda Lindhout's horrific ordeal as hostages in Somalia
- Augusta murder conviction affirmed
- lagos nigeria 23401 ( Nigerian Dating Scam ) 382
- Pastor Samuel Chapman jailed on child sex charges 79
- Asst. Principal’s Son Chandler Brookins Accused Of Rape In School Bathroom 70
- McDonald's Manager Tiffany Allen Accused Of Punching Customer 68
- Mother Of 5 Wazineh Suleiman Missing After Going To Rent Movie 31